• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NA Nintendo Store stealthly expanding?

So most probably know that Nintendo of America has long had an online store with some products for sale, but historically it's usually just been for things like battery replacements, cords, some accessories, plus in the past few years refurbished systems were added. However it seems like they've been slowly expanding it out to be more of a comprehensive official store for all Nintendo products. There's now a pretty large selection of first-party 3DS games and Wii U games. Then just recently, as in just in the past few days according to Wayback Machine, they've added a new section for amiibo figures. It doesn't cover nearly everything, but it's more than just a few.

There's been an official online store for the UK which carries basically everything as a nice direct source for a few years, but nothing of the sort here. So is it possible NoA is slowly working towards a similar goal here? Sure would be nice to see the store used as a direct source for the infamous limited releases these days with stuff like the Zelda SE/CE and NES Classic.

Apologies if this is already very well known or old news, but I haven't seen much talk about it on here.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm irrationally hyped for this. Official soundtrack section when?
I know it'll never happen... :(

Also, looks like Nintendo is officially selling the Animal Crossing amiibo for $8.99. For anyone looking to buy them, they're really nicely made, despite the lower price. They've just had somewhat lackluster software integration (unless the ACNL update changed this).

EDIT: Whoa, amiibo Festival is only $20! I always thought it should have launched at $40, but $20 is lower than I'd ever expect Nintendo to sell it, given that it comes with 2 amiibo and 3 cards. Buying the game for $20 is basically buying the amiibo stuff and getting the game for free.

EDIT 2: Wii Fit U with the Fit Meter and the Balance Board is an INSANE deal at $25.

EDIT 3: They're selling the amiibo that were exclusively sold through the amiibo Festival bundle as standalone figures now.

i-Jest

NoA slowly climbing the latter of progressive online store selection. They really want to lessen their dependence on the retail space.

I respect it, just as long as they do it right.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Since when has this been a thing Nintendo sells?

wiiu-hori-battlepad-pikachu-480x320.png

Take Control of the Action with This Battle Pad Turbo for Wii U Featuring Pikachu!

Perfect for fighting games such as Super Smash Bros.™, this officially licensed Pikachu™ themed control pad is similar to shape and function of the original Nintendo GameCube™ controller praised by Super Smash Bros. fans around the world.

Features short stroke L and R buttons, 3 Turbo settings, and a large D-pad. This controller can be used with the NES Classic Edition and for Classic Controller™, Classic Controller Pro™ supported games such as Mario Kart™ 8, and most Nintendo Virtual Console™ Games. Simply plug into the Wii U™ Remote and enjoy!

Note: No motion control function. Wii U Remote not included.

Only $25!

amiibos have been on the UK Nintendo site for ages and ages
false shortages were the truth all along.

NES classic will be added in March or April at this rate

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I might pick up a few Animal Crossing card packs. Series 3 and 4 are nigh-impossible to find in stores.

Hopefully they eventually stock Roy and Robin amiibo, that's all I have left to get of the currently available Smash line..

Edit: Every now and then I consider picking up the Toad and Bowser Wii Remotes for future usage, but I already have the other four in that line.

Top Bottom