• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oklahoma State rep brands CAIR, its director and a local imam as terrorists

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
ZvinK6p.jpg

Via the Tulsa World

OKLAHOMA CITY — The head of CAIR-OK, his organization and a well-known local spiritual leader were called terrorists Tuesday during a House interim study.
Adam Soltani, executive director of the Oklahoma chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, members of the organization and Imam Imad S. Enchassi of the Islamic Society of Greater Oklahoma City were in the audience when the remarks were made. An imam is an Islamic leadership position.

The interim study was requested by Rep. John Bennett, R-Sallisaw, who has said Islam is a cancer that needs to be cut out of the nation. He is running for re-election.
The study request was approved by House Speaker Jeff Hickman, R-Fairview. Three lawmakers, including Bennett, attended the study.

Chris Gaubatz, a security consultant with UnderstandingtheThreat.com, said the purpose of CAIR is to establish an Islamic state and to eliminate and destroy western civilization from within.

Oklahoma should create a strategy to protect its citizens because the federal government has failed to do so, Gaubatz said. CAIR is one of the greatest threats to the U.S. and is no different than the al-Qaida terrorist group, he said.

UnderstandingtheThreat.com’s website says the group provides “strategic and operational threat-focused consultation, education, and training” and designs strategies “to defeat the enemy.”

John Guandolo, the founder of UnderstandingtheThreat.com, served in the Marines and is a former FBI agent. He said the Islamic movement in Oklahoma has made significant strides, and he called Soltani a terrorist.

Under questioning from Bennett, Guandolo said groups in the country’s jihadi network use relationships with other faiths as a tool.

Enchassi then got up from his seat in the audience and hugged two members of other faiths who were in attendance.

Bennett asked Rep. Randy Grau, R-Edmond, chairman of the Judiciary and Civil Procedure Committee, to admonish members of the audience not to hug one another. Grau did not issue an admonishment.

“It’s a free country,” Enchassi said.

“I know,” said Bennett, who served in the U.S. Marines. “I fought for it in two wars.”

Following the hearing, Bennett held a news conference to say he was working on legislation to kick CAIR out of the state.

Asked for more specifics, he said, “You should never tell your battle plan before you go into battle.”

And here's a picture of Rep Bennett and his family.

Stroke those guns, Rep Bennett. It's not like radical right-wing militia nutjobs have ever been a problem in our state! Right?

Oh, except for that... one time...

GhostBed

White people holding giants guns and wearing red white and blue has become a fucking meme and I laugh hysterically every time.

totowhoa

Banned
The last year or two has made me decide I need to start voting for local politics. I hate my state's leadership, as do all my peers who probably don't vote either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom