• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OneXPlayer 2 trailer unveiled. Windows Handheld, 2.5K Display(2560x1600), Laptop-grade battery, 6800u, Harman speakers, detachable controllers. 2023

The business just unveiled the OneXPlayer 2’s design in a teaser video. The company will debut detachable controllers that resemble those used on Nintendo gaming systems. The new console will be powered by an AMD Ryzen 7 6800U CPU, much like the newly released OneXPlayer mini Pro, and there will also be a choice to go the intel route with a 13th-Gen i7 processor.

A significant improvement to the present product selection is OneXPlayer 2. Compared to earlier versions, the screen is substantially bigger, to begin with. An 8.4-inch screen with 2560×1600 resolution will be available on the next console, an improvement above the 7-inch 1920×1200 screen. This results in an increase in pixel density from 323 to 359 pixels per inch.

Additional features include twin speakers with Harman tuning certification, 4096-level handwriting, and the distinctive orange ambient light of the series. According to the OneXPlayer’s specifications, we may anticipate a kickstand akin to the Nintendo Switch at the bottom of the console and a keyboard dock connection. On the rear, there should be a fingerprint sensor and volume buttons. The I/O on the top of the console will likely have a microphone-headphone combination connection, two USB-C ports, a microSD card slot, and a USB 3.0 connector.

Preorders for the OneXPlayer 2 console, which won’t be released until next year, will begin on November 25,
Pre-orders on Nov. 25th

OneXPlayer-1S-1.webp

onexplay-2-mandos.jpg

OnexPlayer-2%E5%AE%98%E5%AE%A3%EF%BC%9A%E9%A6%96%E6%AC%A1%E7%94%A8%E4%B8%8A%E5%8F%AF%E6%8B%86%E5%8D%B8%E6%89%8B%E6%9F%84%EF%BC%81Intel%E7%AC%AC13%E4%BB%A3i7-R7-6800U%E3%80%818.4%E5%AF%B82.5K%E5%B1%8F%E5%B9%95-2.png

This one claims a laptop-grade battery which implies that the battery life will be extensive compared to other portables but we'll have to see it in action to believe it.

Meanwhile, this hardware packs a bunch, AMD 6800u with 13th gen I7u, what they call 2.5K display, Harman speakers, detachable controllers, 8.4 inch screen, 4096-level handwriting, and MicroSD expansion.

I believe the last model (on sale) is $1200, and $999 for the mini. I expect either for them to drop the price on these heavily to introduce the OneXplayer 2 at the same price as the last core model, or for them to sell it for $1500.

Seems like a decent product but the price to value ratio is a bit lacking. You can create quite a powerful PC for that estimated price and have money left over. If you want this to be your PC on your monitor or on the go you this is hard to recommend. Maybe during the rest of the year but NOW during the holiday sales you could get a good desktop AND Laptop for less both with I7's I reckon.

Top Bottom