• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pakistan is next country being set up for war, China not pleased

Status
Not open for further replies.
xbhaskarx said:
How do you know they lied about Taliban / Al Qaeda super caves? Couldn't they just have been mistaken? How do you know they knew super caves didn't exist but deliberately made them up in order to deceive?
That makes even less sense given that, as you say, everyone was on board and there was no reason to make shit up.

And there were definitely caves, so now we're quibbling between caves and super caves?

You realize intelligence isn't perfect, right? Especially as to whether the insides of known caves are complex enough to be considered "super caves" or not, in a country that is under the control of a hostile regime?

Damn that. They had dick Cheney on tv straight up lying about how they had "not one but many caves" with air conditioning/self powered, Weapons factories, Entrance ways for transport trucks. Basically a Cartoon "bad guy" hide out. Diagrams & all. I knew that was bullshit when I first heard it. They still haven't found one since you know they would have put it all over tv.

They made up shit about the war they didn't have to sell.

xbhaskarx

supabrett said:
They made up shit about the war they didn't have to sell.

Okay, so given that they had "no reason" to lie, considering "everyone was on board" and it was a war "they didn't have to sell"... WHY do you think they made it up?

xbhaskarx said:
And there were definitely caves in the mountainous regions like Tora Bora, so now we're quibbling between caves and super caves??
The differences are obvious.
Cave:
Qc4AH.png

Super cave:
zjwd3.png

supabrett said:
9/11, Irag, & Afghanistan are all directly connected. If they lied about those wars I don'put it past to to lie about the cause of the wars.

You do understand the distinction between not putting such actions past the government and actively believing in a specific claims about their actions? Generally speaking when you begin to speak about an ephemeral "them" its wise to doubt ones opinions.

xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx said:
It's interesting to compare this thread to the one where Zapages lost his posting privileges...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406321

- Both threads involve articles posted from laughable fringe conspiracy theorist sources.

- Zapages posted a story about how Mossad is running TTP, you posted a story about the CIA/Mossad/RAW running TTP.

- Zapages maintained a (disingenuous) "not my opinion just passing along info" line, you're doing the same, while admitting you're a fan of this nutjob.

Someone just posted this in another thread, I thought it was appropriate here, given the article in the OP:

Stumpakow in the FAQ:
- Gotcha! Bait and Switch. You don't need to trick people. Don't post comedy news as real news, don't post rickrolls, don't post rumours as facts, don't post things you don't believe just because another site posted them, try to find legitimate sources.

xbhaskarx said:
Okay, so given that they had "no reason" to lie, considering "everyone was on board" and it was a war "they didn't have to sell"... WHY do you think they made it up?

Who knows why they lied? Maybe it was to make the threat seem more real. They always juice up stories that don't need it. Take the Bin-Laden killing. At first A Single seal beat down Bin-laden gundam with his bare hands as it used Natalee Hollaway as a human shield. Then it downgraded all the way to they shot a couple guys searched the compound & killed Osama.

Why lie about that shit? They could have just said we shot him & been done with it.

HeadlessRoland said:
You do understand the distinction between not putting such actions past the government and actively believing in a specific claims about their actions? Generally speaking when you begin to speak about an ephemeral "them" its wise to doubt ones opinions.

It's not that serious. Them just means the government dude.

xbhaskarx said:
Where is the conspiracy theory? How about you now provide some evidence that it's NOT the case? Because just repeating that "Pakistan and Iran are rivals" isn't really enough to disprove it given that there was undeniably nuclear proliferation from Pakistan to Iran, as you have admitted.
Who says to what extent they are rivals, and what they wouldn't do with each other because they're rivals? Sure the two countries backed different sides in Afghanistan back in the 90s and Shia are sometimes persecuted in Pakistan, but they also cooperate on many matters:
The conspiracy is what was implied initially, and what I objected to. That the reason Pakistan is viewed as a threat by the US (and therefore the foundation of any war) is the threat that Pakistan poses in terms of Nuclear proliferation to the enemies of the United States.

It is a generally accepted thing that on most issues, Iran and Pakistan are in conflict, Afghanistan being a central point but also in terms of their shared border. The antipathy is more central to the Iranian side of course, as they fear a radical Sunni takeover. However it is a more general regional rivalry.

At the core of this is that the US means far more to the Pakistani regime than Iran does, unless Iran is offering drone strikes in Waziristan and I haven't heard about it.

supabrett said:
Who knows why they lied? Maybe it was to make the threat seem more real. They always juice up stories that don't need it. Take the Bin-Laden killing. At first A Single seal beat down Bin-laden gundam with his bare hands as it used Natalee Hollaway as a human shield. Then it downgraded all the way to they shot a couple guys searched the compound & killed Osama.

Why lie about that shit? They could have just said we shot him & been done with it.
Lie about it? I'm pretty sure that was media misreporting, not government lies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LK29BUmocY&feature=autoshare

http://tinfoilturban.wordpress.com/2011/05/18/mediafalibility/

I should also point out that no one is advocating accepting everything any government says as indisputable fact. Rather there needs to be a consistent level of critique levelled upon claimants of conspiracy theories as there is upon the government. When most of their claims can be readily shown to be fallacious, one should be questioning them just as much.

The main reason the 9/11 Truth movement is so succesful is because people don't level the same amount of critique upon YouTube videos making claims about the government as they do about the government itself.

Zapages

In other news, there was terrorist attack on Pakistan's airforce base.

There shots being fired in there. There are huge blasts going out right now. :|

Keikaku

This Webster G. Tarpley guy seems legit. Dude has a Ph.D and a personal website/domain name. How many of you unwashed sheeple can say the same? Wake up and smell the truth!

Zapages, I know that the " :| " emoticon is pretty expressive, but a link to a legitimate news source would be good right now.

mavs

xbhaskarx said:
Where is the conspiracy theory? How about you now provide some evidence that it's NOT the case? Because just repeating that "Pakistan and Iran are rivals" isn't really enough to disprove it given that there was undeniably nuclear proliferation from Pakistan to Iran, as you have admitted.

Not only that, but if the top officials of the government of Pakistan had no intention of assisting Iran with its nuclear program but their subordinates did anyway, that is actually worse in the US narrative. However much they assisted North Korea, they are not an arch enemy like NK is. However friendly nation or not, the US' biggest fear is nuclear secrets or material wandering into the hands of hostile parties by any route.

I don't think that fear is anywhere near strong enough that an move against Pakistan's nukes can be considered a real option today, especially considering how China views them as part of its containment of India. But I do think we are at the point where if we could, we would (but we can't so we won't.)

Zapages

Keikaku said:
This Webster G. Tarpley guy seems legit. Dude has a Ph.D and a personal website/domain name. How many of you unwashed sheeple can say the same? Wake up and smell the truth!

Zapages, I know that the " :| " emoticon is pretty expressive, but a link to a legitimate news source would be good right now.

Its on all the pakistani news tv stations right now. There are fires going on:http://www.dawn.com/2011/05/22/loud-explosion-heard-near-paf-museum.html

Utako

Banned
Man, USA vs. China would be epic.

Democracy VS. Communism
Established VS. Up-and-Coming
Cutting Edge VS. Cheap and Quick
Means VS. Population

I will move to Switzerland and drown in popcorn.

supabrett said:
Oh shit I guess you got me on that one.

Even though It's a nit pick. I'm not accusing the gov as a whole of anything & you know that.
The "they" refers to the people who did it/military, etc.

The definition of "they" is the first step on the path of planet xandu,lizard men madness! As if they are a united group or something. Word on the street is Pat Tillman got fragged for being a gung ho douche-bag who his unit despised. Its hardly an action of "them" haha. The cover up after the fact on the other hand.

You are defining "they" in reference to their collusion in conspiracy.

itxaka

Defeatist
LQX said:
The next war should be in Europe. Time for a change. MW3 cant come soon enough.

If it was really time for a change, the next war should be in America. we already had 2 ww mang. Time for europeans to save the day, plus it would help our economy :p

Fezan

Have nothing to do with the topic but cant create thread so news here

Four people were killed in an armed attack Sunday by terrorists on PNS Mehran, a heavily guarded base of Pakistan Navy, located along Sharea Faisal, according to a foreign news agency.Karachi PAkistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom