• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 7, 2016

Bruno MB

these PAL threads are becoming deader than dead.

anything interesting releasing in upcoming weeks?

Last week was released Far Cry Primal. I figure out that it must have been the best-selling title of the week, no idea if it also was the best-selling title of the year because Lego Marvel Avengers sold around 50,000 - 60,000 units. And we will see if Bravely Second: End Layer at least charted in the individual formats top 40.

In March we have the next upcoming big title, Tom Clancy's The Division which should have one of the biggest openings for an Ubisoft title (Watch Dogs holds the record with near 390,000 units).

I'm curious to see Street Fighter V second week sales, even with a harsh drop it still should make it the all formats top 10.

Bruno MB

TOP 10 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), WEEK ENDING 20 February 2016

(95%)

01 (01) CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 24,300 / 2,041,100 (-25%)
02 (NE) STREET FIGHTER V (CAPCOM)
03 (03) FIFA 16 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
04 (02) LEGO MARVEL AVENGERS (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
05 (04) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
06 (05) STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
07 (08) FALLOUT 4 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
08 (06) TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW 6: SIEGE (UBISOFT)
09 (NE) POKEMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON (NINTENDO)
10 (10) MINECRAFT: STORY MODE (TELLTALE GAMES)

We need UKIE or Chart-Track PR note to leak some numbers :p

Ryng_tolu

Banned
UK WEEK 8
1. Far Cry Primal
2. PVZ GW2
3. FIFA 16
4. COD Black Ops III
5. GTA V

FRANCE WEEK 7
1. Street Fighter V (PS4)
2. Pokémon SMD (3DS)
3. Naruto UNS4 (PS4)
4. FIFA 16 (PS4)
5. Call of Duty BO3 (PS4)

Kyonashi

Also Knack is back. #25.

E0Kqvw9.gif

Rymuth

The #1 spot must feel pretty uncomfortable for Primal, given the permanent buttprint COD has left on the cushion.

Bruno MB

Two brand new releases fly to the head of the UK All Formats charts.

Far Cry Primal shoots to No.1, marking Ubisoft’s first top spot of the year. Games in the Far Cry series normally launch in the busy Q4 period.

GfK notes that this is the first entry in the series to come out outside of Q4 release window since the original game launched on PC.

Meanwhile, EA’s Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 starts off life in second place.

EA football title FIFA 16 holds onto third place despite a 38 per cent dip in sales while after eleven weeks at No.1, Call of Duty: Black Ops III falls to fourth place with units sold dipping 51 per cent.

Last week’s No.2, Street Fighter V, falls to tenth place with sales dropping 78 per cent. Outside of the Top Ten, Nintendo’s Bravely Second: End Layer debuts at No.12.

Below is the software Top Ten for the week ending February 27th:

1. Far Cry Primal, Ubisoft
2. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, EA
3. FIFA 16, EA
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Activision Blizzard
5. Grand Theft Auto V, Rockstar
6. LEGO Marvel’s Avengers, Warner Bros
7. Star Wars Battlefront, EA
8. Fallout 4, Bethesda
9. Rainbow Six: Siege, Ubisoft
10. Street Fighter V, Capcom

10 (02) STREET FIGHTER V (CAPCOM) < 5,300 (-78%)

Footos22

Glad its not selling well with the pathetic amount of content.

Even more so in that it'll be next to nothing in a couple of weeks and i shall then pick it up myself. just in time for the next update.

Opted for gravity rush, beyond and heavy rain remaster instead this month.

viHuGi

Banned
Call of Duty sales in January, UK.

[2013] Black Ops II - 68,066
[2016] Black Ops III - 112,902

...And this is retail only. no digital, which is of course way better on BO III... :O

That's insane. Black Ops II launch was waaaaaaaaaaay bigger, but those Black Ops III legs are amazing.

Damn legs man! With Digital should be well over 2.5m already and on its way to 3m.

geordiemp

Glad its not selling well with the pathetic amount of content.

Even more so in that it'll be next to nothing in a couple of weeks and i shall then pick it up myself. just in time for the next update.

Opted for gravity rush, beyond and heavy rain remaster instead this month.

Dont wish ill on anyone trying to earn a living, but I also dont want games to start doing this as standard to 'get it out'.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Damn legs man! With Digital should be well over 2.5m already and on its way to 3m.

Black Ops III is at 2.06 million at retail by now... Yup, with digital should be over 2.5 million.

Can't say how much was Black Ops II in the same period ( 17 weeks after launch), but in the week 13, Black Ops II sold 2.77 million lifetime at retail,

The gap isn't that big all considering.

Top Bottom