• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile 2 New trailer is really impressive, a good contender for Diablo IV ?

iQuasarLV

If they fix one thing it HAS to be the, "WTF is that?" events that you randomly run across in the main game.

Before my job opened back up, my friend and I finally got sucked in and started learning the game. Countless times we ran across events and were like, "WTF is this shit?" It had nothing to do with the story line or MSQ but was tacked on because seasonal players like the machanics so much.

For people learning the game in the MSQ, it should be devoid of any additional gameplay mechancis until post MSQ prologue. Then they know what is needed to progress A1-10 and what is just add-on flair. That part is immersion destroying for those just discovering the game's depth.

I would be curious as to how much of that add-on flair is actually still embraced versus just running past it and grinding other stuff. I feel it is the latter.

Last edited:

Laieon

I've been playing a lot of Lost Epoch lately. I have no interest in Path of Exile, but I might be more excited for the full release of Lost Epoch than I am the release of Diablo IV. LE's skill system is damn good without feeling cumbersome and overwhelming like PoE's.

Last edited:
Top Bottom