• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gaming on an LG OLED TV, do you set TV to black level High or Low?

Greetings all,

Recently got a gaming PC rig and hooked it up to my LG OLED CX. By all standards and from what I'm reading, black level setting on the TV should be set to high. I ran thru the Win11 HDR calibration and everything looks good, however when playing games blacks look a little washed out. Setting the LG to Low black level setting results in a "richer" picture, but maybe at the expense of black crush. Which is the appropriate setting?

Kuranghi

You just need the TV settings to match the output, I've heard LG's Auto setting for HDMI Level sometimes doesn't change properly, but might be a thing of the past at this point though so check with other owners. What GPU do you have?

What does Windows 11 say its outputting? RGB or 422 or ? If its RGB/444/Full then set Black Level to High on the TV, if its anything else then Low on the TV. Your TV has no reason to ever be receiving anything but RGB because it has HDMI 2.1 bandwidth, unless you have a GPU that doesn't have 2.1, ie before the nvidia 30-series.

Last edited:

DanEON

Doesnt really matter as long as the TV and PC are matching. If your TV is set to High, you must have it on Full on PC. If your TV is set to Low, you must have it on Limited on PC.
I've read on many places that LG OLED tvs works better with Limited Range. But I cant see any difference.

Top Bottom