• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 2 is cool, but the translation...

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I've had persona 2 for awhile, but never picked it up and got into it.
Tonight I ran into a person that said:

"I can't live without Wang Long...
No Really."
-Happy Guy, Persona 2

Thats just so wrong :)

Any other persona 2 fans out there?

P2's my favorite PSone RPG. Everything about it was awesome. Hopefully they make a Persona 3 or remake Innocent Sin for the PS2 and release it here.

haha thats a great quote you have there. This is one of the few RPG's on PSX i haven't played or beaten yet. I figure i'll get around to owning it someday

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
SolidSnakex said:
P2's my favorite PSone RPG. Everything about it was awesome. Hopefully they make a Persona 3 or remake Innocent Sin for the PS2 and release it here.

Its a shame it came out so late, it was one of the last psone games I bought.

Calling this the worst came ever is ridiculous. If you don't like it, fine. There's nothing in it that signifies it as the worst anything, though.

I love the game. It's my personal favorite RPG on the PSX. The translation is a bit weird at times, but overall it gets the point across and conveys the characters' personalities. It's enough. I'm hoping SMT:N and DDS don't have these issues... juding from Atlus's recent releases, I'm not that concernd though.

As for Innocent Sin, I'm under the impression that the gaming companies just didn't want to touch it. It's really way out there compared to Eternal Punishment. I mean, the whole story revolves around Hitler not really dying and building some sort of spaceship. I guess a lot of the subject matter was more risque than anything in EP. I remember that being the rumored reason as to why Atlus wouldn't bring it over (and Working Designs, who supposedly were in the running for some time).

Suikoguy

Semjaza Azazel said:
Calling this the worst came ever is ridiculous. If you don't like it, fine. There's nothing in it that signifies it as the worst anything, though.

I love the game. It's my personal favorite RPG on the PSX. The translation is a bit weird at times, but overall it gets the point across and conveys the characters' personalities. It's enough. I'm hoping SMT:N and DDS don't have these issues... juding from Atlus's recent releases, I'm not that concernd though.

The translation was fine other then the use of Wang... then again i'm not up on the actual meaning, hehe.
The game has a lot of text, so i'm sure it was quite an undertaking. I'm glad it made it over here.

I mean, the whole story revolves around Hitler not really dying and building some sort of spaceship.

Errr... WTF

Suikoguy said:
Its a shame it came out so late, it was one of the last psone games I bought.

Yah we'd probably had a better chance of IS if it'd came out sooner. But i'm glad we atleast got Eternal Punishment.

And Ulala rocks. She's got the greatest battle lines ever.

"Don't underestimate me you f'cking bastards!"

Suikoguy said:
The translation was fine other then the use of Wang... then again i'm not up on the actual meaning, hehe.
The game has a lot of text, so i'm sure it was quite an undertaking. I'm glad it made it over here.

Errr... WTF

The translation is by no means bad... Just there are a bunch of random typos and sentences that really could have been written a lot better. It's all completely understandable... just some of it is weird lol.

http://www.brainwhacker.com/tsumi/

Tsumi is Innocent Sin.

So if you haven't heard anything about these, you might be wondering, "why the heck did they skip Tsumi?". Well, unfortunately for North American audiences, Tsumi was full of controversial stuff. Everything from Hitler, to Gays/Lesbians, to terrorism is within this game. Atlus, Working Designs and Agetec didn't want to even *touch* this game.

The game really isn't all *that* bad, but considering how a lot of things in North America are it makes a lot of sense. Not many North Americans are really fond of Hitler and the nazis so that would be a large strike against it. The game is centered around a weird theory that Hitler was rescued and he and some nazis went to the South Pole. There they lived and created advanced technology. So in the timeline of Tsumi, there are around 2 million nazis in the South pole and they have created robots and a gigantic spaceship. Alone, the game probably still would have made it here, but unfortunately there is more.

The 'terrorism' in this game is an orchestrated idea of someone to blow up the police and fire stations so they can carry out their plan without any interference. Considering all that happened to the USA around the time this was released...It makes a LOT of sense why these companies said no.

Then there are the many perverse jokes, perverted undertones, gay undertones, etc. All in all, this game didn't have much of a chance.

That's the only thing written down I can find... but many other sites back up that general idea of the reasons as to why it didn't come here.

Meier

My bad, I was thinking of the first Persona. The one with the high school kids where you moved around some city on grids or some shit.. god it was so bad. Never did play the sequel.

Meier said:
My bad, I was thinking of the first Persona. The one with the high school kids where you moved around some city on grids or some shit.. god it was so bad. Never did play the sequel.

Heh. I like that game, but I'll admit that Persona 2 obliterates it. It streamlines a lot of the things that were so tedious in the original. The annoying 3D map has been replaced with a more friendly version that's more similiar to other SMT related games (just a map with no battles). It also removes the first person dungeons that a lot of people disliked in the first. Might be worth trying lol.

Top Bottom