• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Player One Podcast Episode 113 - Have you seen my chance cube?

probune

This week! We welcome ex-Official US PlayStation Magazine editor Chris Baker (currently Manager, Licensed Games at Marvel) to the program to talk games and various other stuff relating to games. The titles we discuss specifically include Left 4 Dead, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Dead Space, The Simpsons Game, Doritos Dash of Destruction, UNO, Metal Slug 7, Sim City for iPod Touch and Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds.

Don't forget to donate to the Child's Play charity through Cheap Ass Gamer for a chance to win a prize in their raffle.

This week's links:
Chris Baker's 1UP blog
How I Got My Sega Genesis: Remembering Christmas 1992
AllGame.com
Marvel

Running time: 1:45:25

Direct MP3 download: http://media.libsyn.com/media/playerone/12...-Episode113.mp3

RSS: http://playerone.libsyn.com/rss
Show blog: http://www.playeronepodcast.com

SuperPac

Oh and we will have an episode next week too, but it *might* be up actually on Monday instead of the usual Sunday night. Weather and travel permitting, that is. And it's already shaping up to be a good one, with some holiday memories of gaming past.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Oh my god Chris, take your god damn 0 point gamers off your Gamercard. It's driving me nuts

NERD RAGE!!!

Edit: ONly 5 points in GTA4? For shame...

SuperPac

McBacon said:
Oh my god Chris, take your god damn 0 point gamers off your Gamercard. It's driving me nuts

NERD RAGE!!!

Edit: ONly 5 points in GTA4? For shame...

Yeah GTA just bores me. This is not news. And I have removed some 0-point games off my gamercard. But Yaris will forever taint my score.

probune

Yeah, you guys told that Bruce Campbell story before. I think it was during the one where you were looking back at E3s past.

Great guest this week. Love it.

PowderedToast

I really like this podcast. It's quite low-key in comparison to others like Giant Bomb and 1UPYours were you can get people shouting across each other a lot, which a lot of the time I'm just not in the mood for. So yeah I appreciate that. This was a great episode, keep up the good work.

LiK

SuperPac said:
Yeah GTA just bores me. This is not news. And I have removed some 0-point games off my gamercard. But Yaris will forever taint my score.

you hate Fables 2 and GTAIV...so sad ;_;

i'll listen to the show tomorrow since my itunes didnt get the show when i checked this morning before work.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Holy shit, I was rolling with laughter when Chris was like "what the fuck is going on outside my house?!"

LiK said:
you hate Fables 2 and GTAIV...so sad ;_;.

And Fallout :p

What DID you like this year CJ? :p Can you give us your Top 10

Haeleos

GTA4, Fallout and Fable didn't do it for me this year either. Was one of the least memorable years in gaming for new releases... I played the hell out of a lot of older games though.

I don't know why, but it's kind of sad that Bionic Commando ReArmed was my favourite game of the year.

Pikelet

It's quite low-key in comparison to others like Giant Bomb and 1UPYours were you can get people shouting across each other a lot, which a lot of the time I'm just not in the mood for.

My sentiments exactly, its perfect just before bed or for playing a game which is when I'm usually listening to a podcast anyways.

Shawn Elliot on Player One sounds awesome, but then again, Shawn Elliot on anything sounds awesome

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
So I bought Kratos for Everybody's Golf on Phil's reccomendation, and holy hell he wasn't lieing. I think I might have hit the hour mark on this update, and its not even 50%.

FartOfWar

Banned
SuperPac said:
I'd like to know the answer to that too. Of course we'd love to have ye on, Shawn. Maybe in the new year?

Shit, I seriously wasn't fishing for it. I'm just impressed that you guys have continued to put out a quality podcast, week in and week out. That said, I'll guest any time you'll have me (and when my boss is cool with it).

LiK

FartOfWar said:
Shit, I seriously wasn't fishing for it. I'm just impressed that you guys have continued to put out a quality podcast, week in and week out. That said, I'll guest any time you'll have me (and when my boss is cool with it).

DO IT, SON!

btw Chris, the fireworks noise was hilarious. ever find out what the heck they were for? nothing was shown on the local news?

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Oh man, this Kratos DLC was worth the download. I can also tell where my 69p went; even has custom animations for getting dope shots. Got an Eagle and he sprouted his crazy angel wings and flew away.

Ifrit

FartOfWar said:

:D

Barrett2

Phil's mom was pretty funny. I love the dedication of Phil & CJ putting out new episodes even while on vacation. Much appreciated.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Just wanted to post how much I love this podcast.
The first few times I listened I thought it was a little too sedate.. but I've been listening every week for a good 8 months now.

So rock on!

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
lawblob said:
Phil's mom was pretty funny. I love the dedication of Phil & CJ putting out new episodes even while on vacation. Much appreciated.
Someone has to put out podcasts during this holidays. I don't see those so-called professional outfits showing that much dedication to their listeners.

Some may have put out podcasts that week...I honestly wasn't paying much attention.

I also talked to my mom earlier today. She's glad that people enjoyed her appearance.

mik

mik is unbeatable
She thinks that the world is a wonderful place to be. I tend to agree with her--it's at least in my top five.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
lawblob said:

yeah, this was one of my favorite podcasts episodes this year - awesome :)

Top Bottom