• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 07/24/08

reminder

Hey SCEE, i would like to play some PSN titles, too. The PS3 is available since 1 year and 4 months here in europe and i'm still not able to buy anything from the PlayStation Store. GIVE US EUROPEANS PSN CARDS ALREADY! It can't be that hard to generate some numbers, print them on cards and fucking sell them!

And no, a CC is not an option for me.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Kagari said:
An interesting bit...
I recall hearing something about the next Home updating including a XMB icon.

Maybe they updated Home, let me go check.

Not happening.

angelfly

reminder said:
Hey SCEE, i would like to play some PSN titles, too. The PS3 is available since 1 year and 4 months here in europe and i'm still not able to buy anything from the PlayStation Store. GIVE US EUROPEANS PSN CARDS ALREADY! It can't be that hard to generate some numbers, print them on cards and fucking sell them!

Buy one of those gift cards that work just like credit cards.

reminder said:

SCEA only has PSN Cards in the Midwestern part of the U.S. (a few states) and military bases. They aren't widespread here.

I did hear somewhere (I dunno how true it is) that someone has PSN Cards at their retailer in Europe (Take this with a huge grain of salt), but cannot be sold yet since SCEE is trying to figure out how they will deal with currency (since U.K. and Germany for an example use a different currency; therefore, they'd have to distribute separate PSN Cards). Let's just say SCE sticking to currency has been more trouble than expected (because within the U.S., due to using currency in some states, people will get taxed on PSN since they state law requires tax on online purchases). And then they also have to create various cards for various currencies too.

sykoex said:
Don't they have debit cards in europe...? That's how I pay for anything that requires a CC.
My debit card never works for this kind of stuff, cause they all ask for the security code/CCV and my debit card doesn't have one. Luckily we have a service in Portugal called MBNet that creates virtual credit cards for internet purchases, works like a charm on all regions.

nofi

reminder said:
Because i don't want a CC only for the PSN.

What?

German debit cards don't work on the PSN? My debit card does. Although I'm not German.

I don't think.

*checks*

No.

reminder

nofi said:
What?

German debit cards don't work on the PSN? My debit card does. Although I'm not German.

I don't think.

*checks*

No.

I only have a Maestro debit card and no, it doesn't work for PSN because it doesn't have the informations that you have to fill in the fields.

Kazenone

Metalmurphy said:
My debit card never works for this kind of stuff, cause they all ask for the security code/CCV and my debit card doesn't have one. Luckily we have a service in Portugal called MBNet that creates virtual credit cards for internet purchases, works like a charm on all regions.

Surely the security is the 3 digits on the back of the card?

peetfeet

reminder said:
I only have a Maestro debit card and no, it doesn't work for PSN because it doesn't have the informations that you have to fill in the fields.

I use my Maestro debit card no problems on my euro account, the only stuff you need besides the card number obviously are the start/end dates and the last 3 digits of the number on the back.....

nofi

Metalmurphy said:
My debit card doesn't have those 3 digits :p

I also tried the last 3 from the card number and that didn't work either.

Seriously, get a better card.

What the hell are you doing with only a Maestro?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Metalmurphy said:
My debit card doesn't have those 3 digits :p

I also tried the last 3 from the card number and that didn't work either.

so is it a debit card without a credit card company logo?

Top Bottom