• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocketpair CEO Has Accused Tencent of Making a Palworld Clone

Kikorin

how did these shitty games become mainstream? What went wrong?

Pretty much because Pokémon haters tried their best to pump this as a good game, as some kind of "revenge" against Pokémon success.

But is perfectly fine to say that 3D Pokémon games are shit without trying to like this one that is even worst.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Some people REALLY wanted to stick it to Pokémon
Pretty much because Pokémon haters tried their best to pump this as a good game, as some kind of "revenge" against Pokémon success.

But is perfectly fine to say that 3D Pokémon games are shit without trying to like this one that is even worst.
Games made/propped up out of spite never last. There are many better monster catching franchises than Pokémon and people would be better off buying those than trying to stick it to game freak like a bitter ex and taking the most soulless generic open world survival slop as some sort of gotcha

Tencent is already making a Palworld clone game! In China, various companies are simultaneously developing clones of Palworld, and the budget scale is about 10 billion yen, 10 times that of Palworld… It looks like there will be a ton of Genshin-quality monster breeding games released next year

macgruber-im.gif

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

Denorion

Neo Member
Yeah, pretty funny that no AAA studio ever thought to make a Pokémon clone before. There are probably at least 5 now in the works

Hopefully Pocketpair is hiring like crazy to get new content out. They have 3-4 years before they are obsolete
Ie: the Pubg effect
Where playerunknown was so damn sure they would be the only sucessful battle royale in the market that they didn't bother fixing the game, and by the time they did, there were superior alternatives around

Last edited:

mrcroket

Actually, apart from some designs and the idea of capturing creatures, palworld has nothing to do with pokemon. And pokemon is not the only game that has that idea, the SMT or Persona saga for example.

In fact, I would say that it has as much to do with pokemon as with fortnite or any random survival game.

I know.
Except Tencent actually seems to be making a Palworld clone while Palworld was never really a Pokemon clone.
They might have blatantly copied some pokemon designs, but the entire gameplay and structure of the game is completely different.
This tecent game on the other hand actually looks like a 1:1 clone of Palworld.

SMT is sort of that.
I wonder if Sony will join them and create a clone of the Tencent game.

Last edited:

KXVXII9X

Actually, apart from some designs and the idea of capturing creatures, palworld has nothing to do with pokemon. And pokemon is not the only game that has that idea, the SMT or Persona saga for example.

In fact, I would say that it has as much to do with pokemon as with fortnite or any random survival game.
I mean, it has the Pokeball throwing and summoning mechanics straight from Pokémon Legends Arceus. The game also has crafting and gathering. Palworld is basically PLA and Ark.

Guilty_AI

Some people REALLY wanted to stick it to Pokémon

yeah, 15 million people bought a $30 game just to spite some company :rolleyes:

Also, 2 pages in and most people still didn't bother reading what he actually said. Headline isn't even misleading, its straight up lying.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Someone should make a pokemon clone with a dark, detailed art style instead of this kiddy shit that everyone does between digimon, palword etc.

At least be fucking original if you have to copy a concept.
You could always play SMT games and they have been around longer than Pokemon.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don't really care about pokemon that much anymore, mine was a general idea on how to differentiate from other pokemon clones.
I never played Pokémon because I’m much more in SMT when it come monster collection games, I just love their Demon designs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom