• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Point pleasant cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOCKIE

Well, it's all true. We're cancelled and we're off for good. No new ep on Thursday... In a way I'm glad because Thursday's episode didn't quite come together the way I would have liked and I would have hated for that to be our final word. Eps 9-12 were going to be pretty cool, though. Lots of twists and scary stuff.

Anyway - thanks to those of you who care. It's been a bumpy ride for sure. If you feel inclined you can bug Fox studios to issue the season on DVD. I know they are thinking about it - and you'd get to see all the "lost" eps, which will be airing overseas.

Again - thanks for watching. We had a blast.

Man this was my favorite show on tv:(

Teh Hamburglar said:
What the hell is Point Pleasant?

The show Marti created after she messed up Buffy.

It actually got pretty good in the last few eps. Alot of dark stuff. I figure most people stopped watching after the first ep though which made it look like a slightly darker version of 90210. :p

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
This is the half-demon female child on earth thing? Never got around to watching it... oh well.

calder

It must have really sucked, even on Whedonesque no one cared much about it and based on the comments few thought it was worth even trying to save.

Pretty telling that the shows creator admits they're happy it ends before an eps early in the first season that "didn't quite come together" airs.

alejob

SHOCKIE said:
Well, it's all true. We're cancelled and we're off for good. No new ep on Thursday... In a way I'm glad because Thursday's episode didn't quite come together the way I would have liked and I would have hated for that to be our final word. Eps 9-12 were going to be pretty cool, though. Lots of twists and scary stuff.

Anyway - thanks to those of you who care. It's been a bumpy ride for sure. If you feel inclined you can bug Fox studios to issue the season on DVD. I know they are thinking about it - and you'd get to see all the "lost" eps, which will be airing overseas.

Again - thanks for watching. We had a blast.

Man this was my favorite show on tv:(
Why do you say 'we'? How are you involved with it?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I think the first three paragraphs are supposed to be a quote. I was thinking the same thing as you though, had me confused.

calder said:
It must have really sucked, even on Whedonesque no one cared much about it and based on the comments few thought it was worth even trying to save.

Pretty telling that the shows creator admits they're happy it ends before an eps early in the first season that "didn't quite come together" airs.

I'd describe it like this. Take Buffy, remove Joss' sense of humor, remove the likeable main characters, keep the cool villains and some dark aspects of Angel. That's basically what it was. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either and I wasn't surprised that it got canned.

retardboy

Archaix said:
Tru Calling is coming back. 2 hour season premiere is next thursday.

No it's not... Well it is going to be on TV, but they are just showing the rest of the episodes they made. The show is canceled. They made 6 episodes for season 2 before it got canned. which really pisses me off because I watched those 6 episodes and they freaken rocked. It was getting really good! Damn Fox! You bastards!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
retardboy said:
No it's not... Well it is going to be on TV, but they are just showing the rest of the episodes they made. The show is canceled. They made 6 episodes for season 2 before it got canned. which really pisses me off because I watched those 6 episodes and they freaken rocked. It was getting really good! Damn Fox! You bastards!

Oh. Oops.

Why did they make 6 episodes for season 2?

retardboy

Well, they were just in production for the next season... Season 2 was supposed to air last year. After it got cancelled, they just put the 6 episodes they made on the backburner for a long time... (until now) The finale of Tru Calling is set on Christmas because the producers were trying to force Fox into broadcasting it in time for Christmas of last year so that the show would go on, but that didn't work and Fox cancelled it anyway. They cancelled it for Point Pleasant... Guess that didn't work out for them. Tru was getting better ratings than Point Pleasant. And damn Eliza is freaken hot. Maybe if it somehow does very good, they'll bring them back, but I doubt it.

Found this a bit ago:

Some shows have already been pretty much guaranteed to get another season. Amongst the titles - "24", "The O.C.", "Will & Grace", "House", "Joey" and "The Wire". Both "Desperate Housewives" and "Lost" will be back, and "Desperate" will have extra episodes next season to stop 'repeat lag' ("Lost" may as well). "Carnivale" and "Charmed" are still up in the air.

Charmed may finally be dead! Yippy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom