• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Art Academy coming to Europe on July 4 [Up: This Fall for NA]

L~A

EU boxart :

Bnb_HE4CIAAiIKn.png:large

There's also lots of artworks coming soon (besides those posted by JoeM86 just above).

zroid

Banned
I want this. Got Art Academy 3DS for free in the promo last year, and although I didn't use it a whole ton, I was really impressed with it. I know I'd love a Pokémon themed version.

lewisgone

Neat. I've been playing quite a bit of Art Academy 3DS recently. It's a fun game to play while listening to an audiobook or something. But it will be nice to get a version that teaches cartoony artstyles. The standard Art Academy 3DS can be a little full on some days.

Probably won't be day one unless it's super-cheap, but I'll pick it up sometime this year certainly.

Fall? If anything needs to fall its that head of NOA Reg...Iwata! Just kidding, but I would really like to know the rationale behind that*. Fall is what October - December, right and I cant see it being out when AS and OR are...

*-Maybe I should look in the mirror though. The summer months are traditionally slow for sales making a release then seem bad, maybe that is self fulfilling prophecy (fall is big because nearly everything comes out then though these days stuff slips in winter and spring).

Well, only two Pokémon games haven't made it out of Japan, and a further one never made it to America. We actually get the bulk

On the other side of the coin Pokemon Puzzle League was never out in Japan.

I'm terrible at drawing/art, but I've always wanted to get better. The past Art Academy games interested me, but I never took the plunge. This one, being Pokemon themed, is much more likely to be bought by me.

Can anyone who has experience with past Art Academy games tell me if they're worth it for people like me who suck? Do you think they could be used as a good starting point to get better at drawing? I'm not trying to be a master by any stretch, but I'd like to be a hell of a lot better than I am.

I'm terrible at drawing/art, but I've always wanted to get better. The past Art Academy games interested me, but I never took the plunge. This one, being Pokemon themed, is much more likely to be bought by me.

Can anyone who has experience with past Art Academy games tell me if they're worth it for people like me who suck? Do you think they could be used as a good starting point to get better at drawing? I'm not trying to be a master by any stretch, but I'd like to be a hell of a lot better than I am.

They're incredible. Art Academy 3DS took me from someone who couldn't draw a stick figure to someone who could produce work like this (NSFW: nudity) in a matter of days, and the ceiling for lessons/technique is very high.

JoeM86

I would take that "temp" literally. It's just like the placeholders Amazon and other online retailers use for games months away.

For box-art, obviously. For the logo? I'm not so sure. They could have just easily used the European one.

AdanVC

3DS rapidly shaping to have an excellent line up of games for the rest of the year. This looks damn good, hope it has more painting features than those on Art Academy Sketchpad on Wii U.

CDX

Looks incredibly exciting. The artstyle lessons look like so much fun to learn and absorb, really unique compared to the previous game. Let's not forget that beyond their lessons, the Art Academy games are fantastic digital art creation tools, and this edition clearly includes a number of new and upgraded features compared to the paint/pastel/pencil trio of AA3DS, turning it from a classical artkit simulator into a full-fledged digital art toolkit.

Day 1 if it comes to this side of the Atlantic, and I'm not even a Pokemon fan.

This post is almost exactly what I wanted to say about Art Academy.

I'm not a Pokemon fan. But I've found the Art Academy lessons to be fantastic. I'll be getting this for sure when it's out in the US.

It'll be fun to learn and practice these more cartoony art styles. I personally would've liked a general Nintendo characters Art Academy, but I'll take Pokemon.

This post is almost exactly what I wanted to say about Art Academy.

I'm not a Pokemon fan. But I've found the Art Academy lessons to be fantastic. I'll be getting this for sure when it's out in the US.

It'll be fun to learn and practice these more cartoony art styles. I personally would've liked a general Nintendo characters Art Academy, but I'll take Pokemon.

I hope it gets a Miiverse community. Though, that probably wouldn't be the best outlet for my overwhelming predilection toward painted nude portraits. So glad you can export to JPEG on your SD card (wish you could export to PNG or BMP, though...).

What the hell is wrong with the girl's tights? Is that the style now? Tearing holes in perfectly good hosiery? And don't get me started on the slovenly boy character.

Top Bottom