• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll indicates Clinton and Trump voters' contrasting views on likelihood of a woman POTUS in their lifetime, personal hopes

Dunki

Giving my country now has Merkel now for a long time I can safely say she was not elected because she is a woman. At that time she was the best for the job according to the CDU. Now people just want to get rid of her because she is doing a absolutely terrible job.

You don’t vote for a gender or race. You vote for the best person and Hillary clearly was not. I remember her sentence that women who do not vote for her have a special place in hell

Last edited:

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Horrible counter argument on your part. You can do better than that.

Nah it's a perfectly reasonable counter point.

You guys are twisting yourselves into giant knots trying to dispute a straightforward poll.

Conservatives have always resisted change to the status quo. It is not surprising that they hold stronger negative views on women related issues.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

You guys are twisting yourselves into giant knots trying to dispute a straightforward poll.

Conservatives have always resisted change to the status quo. It is not surprising that they hold stronger negative views on women related issues.

giphy.gif

As stated before, the poll has been shown to be poorly done and highly biased. The only thing that is "straightforward" about this poll is how much it is trying to paint a *very particular* picture about right-wing/right-leaning/conservatives. Your point was poorly made.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
giphy.gif

As stated before, the poll has been shown to be poorly done and highly biased. The only thing that is "straightforward" about this poll is how much it is trying to paint a *very particular* picture about right-wing/right-leaning/conservatives. Your point was poorly made.

A "biased" poll that suspiciously only impacts conservatives. huh.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

Not hoping to have a leader elected based purely on the genitals is now "negative views on women".

Can the world stop now? I want to get off...

An [airquote]"biased"[/airquote] poll that suspiciously only serves far leftist victimhood ideologies :confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Female presidents don't really have the best track record in recent history sadly: Brazil's Dilma Rousseff, Korea's Park Geun Hye, Germany's Angela Merkel and Sweden's feminist government.

JDB

Banned
Female presidents don't really have the best track record in recent history sadly: Brazil's Dilma Rousseff, Korea's Park Geun Hye, Germany's Angela Merkel and Sweden's feminist government.
Wanna go through a list of some fine male world leaders? :)

This was pretty selective and some of the examples are wrong.

Take Norway, as an example, and you have female leaders in all the right-wing parties. While the left-wing parties have male leaders. I doubt you'll find many who judge the female leaders (outside of goddamn useless Trine Skei Grande of Venstre) to be bad. Most prominent right-wing figures in Norway are women. If I were to criticize our prime minister, it's that she's indecisive at times, trying to appeal to everyone and unable to take control of the conversation.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

And as SatansReverence SatansReverence has stated, the poll also promotes the "victim" mindset for the far-left. Huh. I am a left-leaning liberal and I disagree with *much* of what the right does/says, but that doesn't mean that I can't see when poorly done polls push a highly biased agenda.

Last edited:
None of the examples are wrong.

Except two are misleading. Outside of the controversy regarding the refugee crisis, people viewed Merkel as a generally good leader. Sorry, that's not going to be something I'd use against her in the general perception of her to be a bad example of a female leader.
Then you have the view of "Sweden's feminist government", which is even more ridiculous, because if anything it's the "Quota Government". Half of them are men as well, making it ridiculous and they each have their own departments they're responsible for, which further answers to Riksdagen. Can you point out which department female leader has been a bad example of female leaders? All of them? How about the men?

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Except two are misleading. Outside of the controversy regarding the refugee crisis, people viewed Merkel as a generally good leader. Sorry, that's not going to be something I'd use against her in the general perception of her to be a bad example of a female leader.
Then you have the view of "Sweden's feminist government", which is even more ridiculous, because if anything it's the "Quota Government". Half of them are men as well, making it ridiculous and they each have their own departments they're responsible for, which further answers to Riksdagen. Can you point out which department female leader has been a bad example of female leaders? All of them? How about the men?
It sounds like you and I have different ideas on what constitutes good and bad, as such it's pointless to continue discussing the matter.

Dontero

Banned
Considering best woman candidate they could get was was one of the most unlikable politician ever in US i guess their answer is reasonable.

IMO problem is with cadidates not with perception. I am 100% sure person like Tutsi Gabbardi would easily win elections against Trump.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
A woman president in the USA would be great if she was a bureaucratic type. The US government is pretty much the worlds largest central organization run administratively. I don't think we'll have a Clinton in my lifetime though. A woman with that level of qualification is going to be super rare.

Cato

Banned
A woman president in the USA would be great if she was a bureaucratic type. The US government is pretty much the worlds largest central organization run administratively. I don't think we'll have a Clinton in my lifetime though. A woman with that level of qualification is going to be super rare.

Clinton, never, lets hope. A woman that spent so much time harassing and threatening her husbands rape or assault victims to silence. Jesus.

Madelene Albright would probably have been an awesome president though...

Top Bottom