• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita's built-in Twitter app shown off in Hong Kong, Engadget hands-on (video)

onQ123

PS Vita's built-in Twitter app shown off in Hong Kong, we go hands-on (video)

ps-vita-twitter-hk.jpg

Here's a little souvenir for Twitter addicts eyeing the upcoming PS Vita: at today's debut event in Hong Kong, we got to see said console's built-in Twitter app in action for the very first time, and we were fortunate enough to get some exclusive hands-on time with Sony's in-house software. As you can see in our video after the break, the overall design feels very much in line with Twitter's standard ID: the same shade of blue, the usual tabs on the left column, slick elastic scrolling in the timelines, and support for geotagging, hash tags plus photo attachment while tweeting. No surprises here, but hey, the app worked well for us.

That said, we were told that the app wasn't quite finished yet, and Sony still couldn't confirm whether this -- along with the other dedicated apps like Skype, Foursquare and Facebook -- will be ready for download by the time the Vita launches in Hong Kong on December 23rd (just a tad later than Japan's launch on the 17th). In case you're wondering, the Vita there will cost HK$2,280 (US$290) for the WiFi version and HK$2,780 (US$360) for the 3G flavor, both unsubsidized but cheaper than their Japanese counterparts. Of course, given that the console isn't region-locked, feel free to go do some shopping in Hong Kong then -- just save some for the locals, OK? Also, check out our gallery below for some close-up shots of the Vita's music and video apps.

ps-vita-hk-2011-10-210.jpg

ps-vita-hk-2011-10-21.jpg

ps-vita-hk-2011-10-211.jpg

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Who cares about Twitter integration on a game system? That's why we have phones.

RS4-

Metalmurphy said:
LOL, I didn't even notice it at first.

This was all I was looking at.

UytvW.jpg

Vita is so sexy looking!

Whoever wants to know who those belong to, it's Chrissie Chau.

Had the pleasure of meeting her last christmas, nice girl. Lol.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Metalmurphy said:
LOL, I didn't even notice it at first.

This was all I was looking at.

UytvW.jpg

Vita is so sexy looking!

I'll take who is handling Vita also... nah, I would take here even without Vita. Seriously.
LEMME SMANG HER! SEX SYRUP ALL OVER THAT BODY!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
RS4- said:
Whoever wants to know who those belong to, it's Chrissie Chau.

Had the pleasure of meeting her last christmas, nice girl. Lol.

It would have been good to be you last Christmas :(

Lesiroth

You just HAD to post that second picture. Now we'll all be distracted from discussing the finer points of Twitter integration on the Vita (lol)

lowrider007 said:
I didn't think it had a removable sim?

the EU PS Blog listed a slot for the sim card on the list of specs on the post about the Feb 22 release date. until then i had been wondering what the 3rd slot was for. (2 on top, 1 on bottom)

onQ123

Lesiroth said:
You just HAD to post that second picture. Now we'll all be distracted from discussing the finer points of Twitter integration on the Vita (lol)

I was actually the 1st picture I posted lol

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Commanche Raisin Toast said:
the EU PS Blog listed a slot for the sim card on the list of specs on the post about the Feb 22 release date. until then i had been wondering what the 3rd slot was for. (2 on top, 1 on bottom)

ahh ok, cheers, I must of missed that, that's good news hopefully for us in the UK as we have some pretty cheap 3g data plans over here.

Respawn

Banned
commish said:
Who cares about Twitter integration on a game system? That's why we have phones.
Oh shut Up. Who cares what you think? Take your lonely depressed comment back to your lonely depressed world.

Leonsito said:
Dat cleavage on the girl in the middle, DAMN SON
lol! You call that cleavage? I've seen and meddled with some real cleavage son.
Girls are as fine as wine though.

commish said:
I was thinking more along the lines of: Who cares if they have a Twitter application when there's already a web browser allowing one to use the site directly?

kuroshiki

Respawn said:
Oh shut Up. Who cares what you think? Take your lonely depressed comment back to your lonely depressed world.

lol! You call that cleavage? I've seen and meddled with some real cleavage son.
Girls are as fine as wine though.

In the free world most of us live in, (dont' know where you live) we can freely express our thoughts.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
JoshuaJSlone said:
I was thinking more along the lines of: Who cares if they have a Twitter application when there's already a web browser allowing one to use the site directly?
Watch the video. That's your reason: much more slick to have an app than just the web browser.

lowrider007 said:
ahh ok, cheers, I must of missed that, that's good news hopefully for us in the UK as we have some pretty cheap 3g data plans over here.

it's most likely going to be carrier-locked though.

but then again i also don't know how cell service works over there or if they can't lock anything out or something. some stuff over here is carrier locked even if they have removable sims, and some aren't removable. it's weird.

i would prefer adding a device to my existing tmobile account than signing up for a separate carrier, but tmobile's lowest data-only plan is 2gb/$40. :(

Top Bottom