• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R-Rated Live Action TMNT: The Last Ronin movie in the works

ManaByte

Paramount is developing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin, adapting a popular storyline seen in the recent IDW comics, as a live-action feature with the intent of making it for an R-rating.

We’ll get to hear Mikey say “fuck”.

Hrk69

Wu-Tang forever.
dave chappelle GIF

This has potential considering Last Ronin was one of the best comic stories of the past few years.

I can't imagine it's intended for theatrical release, but hopefully this makes it to Paramount+ in tact with decent looking designs for the turtles.

The Stig

Holy smoke. I bought the hardback comic and it was an amazing read. (I havent bought any comics in years, but this piqued my interest).

After the video game announcement this is like Christmas coming again again

NickFire

An R rated turtles sounds fun. Gut feeling is that it will get toned down to PG-13 though after accountants and suits weigh in.

jason10mm

Gold Member

jason10mm

Gold Member
The problem, as I see it, with a TLR adaptation is that book is a continuation of COMIC continuity that was never really done well in any other medium. We have a half dozen or more TMNT shows/films with very different turtles and characters, so is TLR gonna draw more from one of those? Or have to spend a LOT of time properly explaining the Eastman & Laird comic world to newcomers. Curious how they plan on doing it.

After the video game announcement this is like Christmas coming again again

This along with the AAA video game announcement are both very exciting news.

I dunno if I'd be too optimistic, that developer seems to be on the ropes.

I'll still stay optimistic, besides I'm one of the few people left on this forum trying to be. There are a bunch of unknown factors to the cut, like how far along the project was and how many of those cuts were temps. I'll wait until gameplay footage is shown to see how big of an impact it had.

jason10mm

Gold Member

They cut like 30% from Zen (pinball games) but those guys are still putting stuff out, so it's not necessarily a death sentence, yet.

Top Bottom