• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey ACE Coming to PS3 and Vita in 2014

There's some new free DLC up on PSN. Swimsuit pack, Tales of Symphonia costume pack, and a Giant King Mask headgear.

Whoa, thanks for the heads up! I'm at a point where I have to kill 100 giants to progress the story..good place to break, i'll finish war in the North and go back to it.

Seil

There's some new free DLC up on PSN. Swimsuit pack, Tales of Symphonia costume pack, and a Giant King Mask headgear.

Sweet, thanks for the notice. I was hoping for the tales pack for the card. I'm currently trying to card a SP Economy/SP Recycle Ing Balmung and this card saves me the trouble of needing to find and refine another for now x.x

Whoa, thanks for the heads up! I'm at a point where I have to kill 100 giants to progress the story..good place to break, i'll finish war in the North and go back to it.

You have to? o_O I thought I put off all three of the 100 giant missions until I cleared the chapter... Could be wrong, though.

Scher

You have to? o_O I thought I put off all three of the 100 giant missions until I cleared the chapter... Could be wrong, though.

You don't have to do them to progress. You only have to do the one marked "Story" (10 hill and frost chiefs) in order to move on with the story.

Sweet, thanks for the notice. I was hoping for the tales pack for the card. I'm currently trying to card a SP Economy/SP Recycle Ing Balmung and this card saves me the trouble of needing to find and refine another for now x.x

I'd be so happy if that were the case! i'd just finished a rough section with some giants, I just don't have it in me to slog through that many!

Quantum

Loving the game, but I have a question.

I finished the old content again - back to about where I was the last time I played except haven't done all of the extra missions.

When do the ace missions open up?

I have
done the tower level 1-25, then 25-50, I failed at level 50 because of time. Should I do the 1-50 to open the new chapters?

Seil

Loving the game, but I have a question.

I finished the old content again - back to about where I was the last time I played except haven't done all of the extra missions.

When do the ace missions open up?

I have
done the tower level 1-25, then 25-50, I failed at level 50 because of time. Should I do the 1-50 to open the new chapters?

I also timed out in floor 50, but that was mostly my fault. I was taking my time and banking on time extend rewards and didn't get any. Had 3 minutes left for the boss and the last minute everything that could go wrong did even though I usually do well against him x.x Since then I've just been working on some build stuff. Probably going to work on the tower again after I card this balmung. If I ever manage to card this balmung -.- I can't seem to get any Giant Droplets...

Not sure how far you have to progress to unlock the first ACE chapter.

Quantum

going to try the 1-50 with the higher time limit (although is it actually a lower time limit because more floors?)

Seil

going to try the 1-50 with the higher time limit (although is it actually a lower time limit because more floors?)

It's really a 25% lower time limit. Probably better for a stable multiplayer group that can do ordeals. Also mercs are terrible for ordeals since they mean insta-fail for anything that says "without getting hit" lol.

I'd say just go for 26-50 and don't take time to smell the roses if you're just looking to progress. Don't kill anything you don't need to unless you get Ragnarok/card increase and want something from those mobs.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
If anyone feels like helping me out on 5-9 (Grendel), I've started a room. Name's Room 9477 (didn't feel like giving it a real name, heh). I'll wait 20-30 minutes and if I can't get a party after that I'll just try to solo it.

EDIT: Hah, not two minutes after I posted this, two people showed up. Still got one more open slot though! Really glad the online for this is so active.

Quantum

It worked. Ace chapter 1 opened after clearing 1-50

I solo'd it with my SW, apparently total time was 45:50, although I feel like it was faster.

I had 10:09.53 left on the clock due to the time bonues I generated along the way.

I ended up fighting:

Grendel, Hjahanir, Kona Hraesvelgr, Hati, Orc King (2) and finally Hrungnir

Certainly was a workout for my current build ><

Seil

If anyone feels like helping me out on 5-9 (Grendel), I've started a room. Name's Room 9477 (didn't feel like giving it a real name, heh). I'll wait 20-30 minutes and if I can't get a party after that I'll just try to solo it.

EDIT: Hah, not two minutes after I posted this, two people showed up. Still got one more open slot though! Really glad the online for this is so active.

Was eating or I would've helped. If anyone needs any more help with mainline quests, I'm up for it.

I solo'd it with my SW, apparently total time was 45:50, although I feel like it was faster.

I had 10:09.53 left on the clock due to the time bonues I generated along the way.

I ended up fighting:

Grendel, Hjahanir, Kona Hraesvelgr, Hati, Orc King (2) and finally Hjahanir

Nice. I really want to progress but I also want this damned card x.x Giant Droplets are a pain.

Also I think you meant
Hrungnir
=p

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Was eating or I would've helped. If anyone needs any more help with mainline quests, I'm up for it.

It's cool. I actually ended up getting a random party member who was so ridiculously overpowered that we took out Grendel in under two minutes, and the next boss after him (5-10) in ONE. And while I'm glad I'm past them, I'm not sure I like how easy it was.

Quantum

It's cool. I actually ended up getting a random party member who was so ridiculously overpowered that we took out Grendel in under two minutes, and the next boss after him (5-10) in ONE. And while I'm glad I'm past them, I'm not sure I like how easy it was.

You will.

Later in the game you have to fight multiples. then the bosses get insanely difficult.

you learn the weaknesses and you work on your toon.

chapter 5 is *very* easy, and it should be.

and with the tower - from what I've seen its no joke for my toon that was able to take down the final boss in the regular content in 10 or so minutes.

just because you found someone who was OP for chapter 5 doesn't mean that you could do that - but you will, and when you need to farm stuff its fun to go back and help others.

Its one of the reasons I like this game - its a grind - yes - you have to farm a ton of crap - yes - but the older content is still relevant and its fun helping people after you become op.

Heh.. be glad you didn't have to do it alone, i don't think that's the last time you'll be seeing him either, they definitely make it a point to let you know the bosses scale in difficulty from one chapter to the next :(

I ended up fighting:

Grendel, Hjahanir, Kona Hraesvelgr, Hati, Orc King (2) and finally Hrungnir

WOW..I think I'm going to like this tower :D ..after i get OP that is. -__-

Seil

Yeah, so, got the droplets and then realized what I need for the last stage before carding the sword -.- Soo... That's on the side-burner for now despite how badly I want the card lol.

Guess I'll take a small fraction of the time that would take, level up my sword a time or two then do some ACE stuff.

Mentok

Banned
This game has me intrigued as I do love loot-based games of the Mon.Hun. variety! Does this game manage to keep you hooked, or does it feel like a grind after a while?

Seil

So, maxed out my Halomonas Mysteltainn and ran floors 26-50 in 20 minutes with almost 20 minutes to spare lol. I'm so much stronger than I was last time I ran those floors and my cards are still meh.

Edit: Also, Ragnarok buff + Hjahanir Edge is hilarious. One-hitting things with the wave is amazing.

This game has me intrigued as I do love loot-based games of the Mon.Hun. variety! Does this game manage to keep you hooked, or does it feel like a grind after a while?

I don't really know how to answer this since that would vary from person to person x.x

I think a bit of both, though, strangely. I mean, I've bothered to replay the content I already went through in the past and with a new character, leaving behind the cards I had available from the save import. And there are times where even when it feels like a grind and I'm like "I'll just run this one more time" and I end up doing it 15 more times instead.

Then there are the times where I see the materials I need to card a weapon and I'm like "fuck that" because I know how big of a grind it'll be x.x Though I'll get around to that once I'm at a point where the grind will suck less due to faster kills.

Mentok

Banned
I don't really know how to answer this since that would vary from person to person x.x

I think a bit of both, though, strangely. I mean, I've bothered to replay the content I already went through in the past and with a new character, leaving behind the cards I had available from the save import. And there are times where even when it feels like a grind and I'm like "I'll just run this one more time" and I end up doing it 15 more times instead.

Then there are the times where I see the materials I need to card a weapon and I'm like "fuck that" because I know how big of a grind it'll be x.x Though I'll get around to that once I'm at a point where the grind will suck less due to faster kills.

Thanks for the answer! See I'm the kind of guy who played Diablo 3 over 8 times for gear runs, etc, so I don't mind grinding as long as it is rewarding to do. This game looks like it's fun over-the-top (a change of pace from a lot of the games I've been playing lately) so I'm really considering playing it!

Quantum

For me its the perfect type of grind - I play and I hit a wall and then I have to go back and figure out how to improve my toon and run missions collecting the items needed to improve my weapon - so - its redundant, but it pays off when you finally progress.

So, maxed out my Halomonas Mysteltainn and ran floors 26-50 in 20 minutes with almost 20 minutes to spare lol. I'm so much stronger than I was last time I ran those floors and my cards are still meh.

Edit: Also, Ragnarok buff + Hjahanir Edge is hilarious. One-hitting things with the wave is amazing.

the Ragnarok buff feels so good.

I created an early Halo weapon and it stunk - I have a halo pole-axe that I think I might start working on, but I'm using a +10 myst that still is pretty decent.

I still don't understand the weapon damage modifier in conjunction with cards - are higher tier'd weapons more powerful with the same modifier?

so much to learn.

Seil

I created an early Halo weapon and it stunk - I have a halo pole-axe that I think I might start working on, but I'm using a +10 myst that still is pretty decent.

I still don't understand the weapon damage modifier in conjunction with cards - are higher tier'd weapons more powerful with the same modifier?

so much to learn.

Halomonas Pole Axe looks like a pain to upgrade with some of its requirements being pretty high up there. On top of that, for raw attack stat(not the other damage mod skills), the Mysteltainn can actually beat it if built correctly. I'll probably be sticking with my Mysteltainn til I get the next tier of halo.

My Mysteltainn build is:

1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4 x2
A Route
A3-1, A1-1, A1-2, A1-3, A1-4

Results in 217 base ATK and Berserker Lv. 2 which is +20 ATK, +300 HP, -30 DEF.

It's also not that bad to make. Of course, that's just for raw power. There are other decent options when it comes to skill choice.

---

Also not completely sure what you mean about weapon damage. If you mean the effects of ambiguous descriptions like those of Aptitude skills etc, yeah I'm not entirely sure either.

Quantum

That sounds like the way to go - I was just looking over the bazillion weapons I've picked up and still have yet to find a halo Mysteltainn.

Seil

Well, went through floor 125 with zero problems. Worked on the second ace chapter. Was going super smooth, destroying everything in my path. Then got my ass handed to me twice by the chapter boss x.x

Edit: Got him the third time! Onto Ace Chapter 3 I go.

That sounds like the way to go - I was just looking over the bazillion weapons I've picked up and still have yet to find a halo Mysteltainn.

I have 5 lol. I had built my first one up a bit, but ended up building a second into what I'm using now.

Quantum

I have 5 lol. I had built my first one up a bit, but ended up building a second into what I'm using now.

for some reason I have more then ten halo pole axes, was playing other games tonight - have to find a good weapon to build.

I've only cleared 75 so far.

Chromax

I played through around 80% of the original game, stopping right before the last 2 boss. Should I transfer my save over or should I start over?

I'm thinking of just starting over if ACE is different enough compared to the original game since I'll most likely have to relearn everything such as combos and game mechanics.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I played through around 80% of the original game, stopping right before the last 2 boss. Should I transfer my save over or should I start over?

I'm thinking of just starting over if ACE is different enough compared to the original game since I'll most likely have to relearn everything such as combos and game mechanics.

You have to start over. Your progress doesn't carry over. If I'm not mistaken the only thing that carries over is your cards.

Quantum

bah I broke my cross save - I can only play on the PS3 not.

apparently if you d/l dlc content to the vita you can break your game.

I'm bummed out a little - although I might get work done tomorrow.

update (like 20 minutes later)

Apparently I didn't dl all the dlc and there was a save issue - I just cleared the vita install, re-d/l all the dlc and it is up and running again (yeah! no work tomorrow...)

second update:

My save broke again.

after extensive searching I found out that when updating my DLC (the 115 music items and free costumes):

- on the vita it contains three items which are not included in the PS3 version these are costumes: Ninja, Gunslinger, and Taekwon Kid.

So after trying to transfer my file back to the ps3 -> no go.

how I fixed it: Bought the DLC for the PS3 (which was free on the vita) which included each outfit separately for 0.99 cents each.

save now loads fine on the PS3.

kinda strange I had to buy the items to get my cross save to work - but at least I can continue playing.

Yuterald

Picked this up yesterday. Enjoying this more on PS3 than Vita. Probably just due to the fact that I like playing games on TVs more. Quick question, I didn't bother to import my barely touched Vita save/character, so I didn't carry anything over. I'm sure it's too early to tell, but I'm hoping there's nothing exclusive to the Mercenary Book that you could only get/unlock from transferring data? I'd like to 100% the book at some point, but I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything you could only "log" by importing data. Thanks!

Quantum

Picked this up yesterday. Enjoying this more on PS3 than Vita. Probably just due to the fact that I like playing games on TVs more. Quick question, I didn't bother to import my barely touched Vita save/character, so I didn't carry anything over. I'm sure it's too early to tell, but I'm hoping there's nothing exclusive to the Mercenary Book that you could only get/unlock from transferring data? I'd like to 100% the book at some point, but I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything you could only "log" by importing data. Thanks!

I haven't read or seen anything that would indicate that you need to carry anything over to fill the requirements of the Merc book - to my knowledge only the cards transfer over.

I think the graphics look much better on the vita but the ps3 version is easier to control with the ds3 - I ended up playing on the ps3 for most of the weekend.

Yuterald

I haven't read or seen anything that would indicate that you need to carry anything over to fill the requirements of the Merc book - to my knowledge only the cards transfer over.

I think the graphics look much better on the vita but the ps3 version is easier to control with the ds3 - I ended up playing on the ps3 for most of the weekend.

Cool, thanks!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
More new free DLC this week, including the DOA5U costume set (Kasumi for females, Hayabusa for males). Already repping the Kasumi costume super hard on my Assassin set. :D

Quantum

This game has no |OT|?

How is the online community? First game on vita always seemed active.

I played a bunch of the first one when it came out - I think that the online community was more populated then.

That being said, there are a decent number of rooms available, although very few farming rooms - and very few that have progressed into the new content.

I found only 1 that had completed the new chapters.

I'm having more fun just joining lower groups and helping.

I still have to do the second half of the tower, but I've found this game is much easier with the meatshields.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I feel like I'm playing this game all wrong. Sadly, 9-6 is NOT a good time to come to this realization. Every time I get stuck, I jump online for help, but everyone that joins up is so much stronger than I am that I feel like I'm not even contributing. I mean, people with DPS up in the multiple thousands, while I'm probably doing barely a thousand, if that. I mean, at 9-6 my Mage stats are like, 260 ATK, 125 DEF, or something close to that. I'm assuming that's way, way too low for where I am in the game, but I have no idea how I should go about correcting that. Someone guide me, please. ;_;

Dezzy

I bought RO Ace for the PS3, so far I've gotten to 2-3 or so but I'm just not having fun. I'm playing an assassin, and it feels like the entire game is just "kill 30 of X" quests over and over with no variation. Combat is just mashing the attack buttons.
Does it get better? Or is this just not for me?

Ryuukan

I bought RO Ace for the PS3, so far I've gotten to 2-3 or so but I'm just not having fun. I'm playing an assassin, and it feels like the entire game is just "kill 30 of X" quests over and over with no variation. Combat is just mashing the attack buttons.
Does it get better? Or is this just not for me?

No, sorry

I feel like I'm playing this game all wrong. Sadly, 9-6 is NOT a good time to come to this realization. Every time I get stuck, I jump online for help, but everyone that joins up is so much stronger than I am that I feel like I'm not even contributing. I mean, people with DPS up in the multiple thousands, while I'm probably doing barely a thousand, if that. I mean, at 9-6 my Mage stats are like, 260 ATK, 125 DEF, or something close to that. I'm assuming that's way, way too low for where I am in the game, but I have no idea how I should go about correcting that. Someone guide me, please. ;_;

Same for me, but I hit more than a 1000 because I have a maxed out weapon, almost all attack cards on a maxed out outfit and I take attack and defense potions(High big bottles). Also remember enemies have weak points where you do more damage.

Top Bottom