• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Siege Generated $36.8 Million From In-Game Spending in June 2019

Mista

Banned
Rainbow-Six-Siege-1024x576.jpg

June was an interesting month for digital titles, according to the latest report from SuperData. While franchises like League of Legends and Fortnite continue to be the highest grossing for PC and consoles respectively, it’s interesting to note the other winners. Overwatch, for instance, grossed over $1 billion in life-time revenue last month.

However, there’s also Rainbow Six Siege had its highest number of monthly active users. It generated $36.8 million via in-game spending which is a 50 percent increase over May. Considering Ubisoft has seen strong sales with other games-as-a-service titles like The Division 2 (which it noted to be the best-selling title of 2019)
GamingBolt

wvnative

This actually makes me happy. Each to their own, but I feel Ubisoft games, Siege in particular, is quite fair with their monetization practices. You still get more than enough renown just by playing regularly, but if you choose to buy the characters as a shortcut, they are imo, reasonably priced. This is a game that actually feels like they are giving players several different options without anything being compromised. They deserve props.

It isn't like GTA, RDR, COD (All American published games I feel the need to point out) where the core design feels like it's in service to sell microtransactions rather than provide a fun game experience.

Now as for Siege's toxic community... that's for another topic.

Mista

Banned
This actually makes me happy. Each to their own, but I feel Ubisoft games, Siege in particular, is quite fair with their monetization practices. You still get more than enough renown just by playing regularly, but if you choose to buy the characters as a shortcut, they are imo, reasonably priced. This is a game that actually feels like they are giving players several different options without anything being compromised. They deserve props.

It isn't like GTA, RDR, COD (All American published games I feel the need to point out) where the core design feels like it's in service to sell microtransactions rather than provide a fun game experience.

Now as for Siege's toxic community... that's for another topic.
Fully agreed! The community is shit and thats something that will never change

Mattyp

Gold Member
I just don't know how though? Honestly just on those shitty skins? Who is buying them? Who is paying real money for a digital character skin you could earn for free.

I'll slap my son the day I have one if he ever wants to purchase this shit. I guess it keeps the maps & ops coming for free for the rest of us. To bad I'm done with the community and cheating in this game.

wvnative

I just don't know how though? Honestly just on those shitty skins? Who is buying them? Who is paying real money for a digital character skin you could earn for free.

I'll slap my son the day I have one if he ever wants to purchase this shit. I guess it keeps the maps & ops coming for free for the rest of us. To bad I'm done with the community and cheating in this game.

It's probably more so the season passes and character purchases.

Last edited:

RaptorGTA

Really love the game..but I can see spending any more money then what I did when I bought the game. Don't see a point in buying any skins but hey...whatever floats a persons boat.

Mista

Banned

I do especially in Siege. I got almost all those Elite skins

That’s my way of supporting them

isual

haven't bought a single thing with $ since the game launched. i don't have all the operators - nor do i plan to even buy any.. i just like having 130k+ renown in my upper right corner. this is all without season passes. it is a good game.

ranked is serious business.

Top Bottom