• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

rate the music made by Suno.ai

Tumle

There is a new player on the scene but it’s not released yet.. but it’s called udio, and the sound should be like 2x better than Suno.. so competition will just make both of them better.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
(Posting in this thread too)
I just discovered this and I’ve been going crazy with this lately. I’ve found it’s a lot better when you write your own lyrics. Here are a few of the better ones I have. (Warning: almost all of my songs are about poop or something equally as dumb.)

Please don’t judge me. I’m terribly immature.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.

Last edited:

First attempt, prompt was basically a DM I sent to my buddy in response to him linking me to an NPR article. Okay I don't listen to any country or anything but I don't think it would take much work to make this a #1 Nashville hit...

I'm kind of glad there are very limited free credits, means I won't waste whole days being an idiot like with the bing.com/create stuff...

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I havent dug into all these links, but from what I've seen it's super cool. Write your own lyrics too.

Not everyone will have the time or care about doing their own AI music, but I see lots of people down the road doing their own stuff for entertainment purposes and commercially. Just like social media. Way back it was just a fun thing to dabble with. Then it got monetized and people made careers out of it. It's all about entertainment. Just because someone isn't trained staff at a news company with a journalism degree doesn't mean their messages are bad or boring. A social media guy might be more entertaining. Same can go for music.

Just like mainstream TV and cable going down the tubes as people shift to social media, I'm thinking musicians better do something or else many will struggle. But I see all the popular artists with money and time getting on the AI train. Or at least thinking about how to keep commercially relevant. Taylor Swift can do digital songs that sound like her in present day even if she's on her deathbed at 90 years old.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So far Udio doesn’t seem all that much better than suno.ai to me, at least in terms of the final product. Their servers are slammed so I haven’t been able to see what the iteration process is like, but their vocals are on par if not slightly better than suno.ai. I was pretty impressed by a generated piano bebop solo in one instance.

Still, I think suno is roughly on par with Udio. Or maybe that’s just me coping because I bought 10,000 credits on suno last night 😂

Tumle

So far Udio doesn’t seem all that much better than suno.ai to me, at least in terms of the final product. Their servers are slammed so I haven’t been able to see what the iteration process is like, but their vocals are on par if not slightly better than suno.ai. I was pretty impressed by a generated piano bebop solo in one instance.

Still, I think suno is roughly on par with Udio. Or maybe that’s just me coping because I bought 10,000 credits on suno last night 😂
the sound quality is better and stereo.. it has no artifacting.. but it has its own problems for sure. it has troubles keeping a continuous chorus, so it sounds different every time, it can only generate 33 sec at a time. im sure Suno will get there, but the sound quality is definitely better, plus it sounds less robotic.. :)
one other good thing is you can write an artist name and it will make music in there style.

I'm also subscribed to Suno :)

Dacvak

the sound quality is better and stereo.. it has no artifacting.. but it has its own problems for sure. it has troubles keeping a continuous chorus, so it sounds different every time, it can only generate 33 sec at a time. im sure Suno will get there, but the sound quality is definitely better, plus it sounds less robotic.. :)
one other good thing is you can write an artist name and it will make music in there style.

I'm also subscribed to Suno :)
Can you do me a favor since I can’t generate music with Udio atm? Can you give the prompt “electro jazz fusion” similar to the artist Anomalie and see what it returns?

I think the audio quality of Udio is a bit less fuzzy, but it lacks the temporal stability of suno from what I can tell.

Dacvak

I just listened to the “top” songs on suno and they’re all so bad. Almost everything I’ve made has been way better and actually temporally-stable. That being said, it takes me ~2 hours of iterating before I get it to sound the way I want it to. I’m also a musician and songwriter, as well as pretty experienced with prompt engineering, so that probably helps lol.

I still think this song I made about wet socks is better than most of the stuff I’ve heard on suno or Udio.

But aside from having a bit let artifact fuzz, I’m not super impressed with Udio yet. Maybe once I’m able to dive into it deeper I’ll like it more.

There’s also this new one, but it currently seems worse than the other two. https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=39992817

Tumle

Can you do me a favor since I can’t generate music with Udio atm? Can you give the prompt “electro jazz fusion” similar to the artist Anomalie and see what it returns?

I think the audio quality of Udio is a bit less fuzzy, but it lacks the temporal stability of suno from what I can tell.
Dont know Its supposed to sound like, but have it a go

Dacvak

Dont know Its supposed to sound like, but have it a go

Awesome. That does a better job than suno for sure. The music itself isn’t great, but it understands the artist’s genre. Especially that first one (which actually sounds the worst, but is the most impressive to me lol). Thanks!

My son wrote lyrics and I tweaked them and turned them into a song, he doesn't know what a chorus is, so I made that and a hook. He's a huge fan of Five Nights at Freddy's. Not sure where he got 1939 from, but eh, he's 9.

Last edited:

PSYGN

I managed to make some a couple of samples that are reminiscent of Nujabes, Samurai Champloo, and Adult Swim. Let me know what you think:

This one would need some better mixing:

I think it comes close to a feeling that this image would give:

2710834_vulpsvulps_samurai-champloo.gif

While it's not quite ready for lyrics yet, I can definitely see the potential. AI can be a beautiful thing sometimes, when it works.

These suck, but one day it'll get there.

Top Bottom