• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rebellion Opens $100 Million Studio Facility for Judge Dredd TV Series and Rogue Trooper Movie.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.xboxachievements.com/ne...-Dredd-TV-Series-and-Rogue-Trooper-Movie.html

UK developer Rebellion, the studio behind Strange Brigade, Sniper Elite 4, Rogue Trooper Redux and more, have today opened the doors to a $100 million, 220,000 square foot facility that will serve as a film studio for the company's various productions. These will include the upcoming Rogue Trooper movie and Judge Dredd TV series.

Located on the site of an old printing press just outside the historical city of Oxford, the new facility features a number of sound stages big enough to accommodate TV dramas and large scale Hollywood productions. This is the second of Rebellion's film studios, the first one housing the company's motion-capture studio, Audiomotion.

The new studio space will house the Judge Dredd TV sci-fi show 'Mega City One' and futuristic war movie Rogue Trooper, set to be directed by Moon, Source Code, Warcraft, and Mute director Duncan Jones.

"This studio purchase is incredibly exciting, not just for Rebellion but for the global film and television industry that is booming but in desperate need of further infrastructure to cope with the demands for new and engaging content," said Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley.

"We know first-hand the creativity and talent here in the UK and this new studio will bring in projects from all over the world, offering opportunity and income to many people in the industry, as well as local companies and services. It also means there will be demand for more UK production and we can export more of our work globally."

Gabbelgak

Karl Urban? I doubt it but I liked him in the last movie. Looks like he's already doing a 2019 series though I didn't know about when I looked him back up on imdb.

DiscoJer

Is this one of those Uwe Boll type deals? Has any Dredd movie actually made money? What is something from that same comic book company but even more obscure going to do?

edit: How the heck does Rebellion have this kind of money? They make mostly crap and their main series, Sniper Elite, has apparently a total sales of 10 million copies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom