• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rep. Beto O'Rourke posts $2 million in fundraising in bid against Ted Cruz

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Just keep connecting him with Lee Harvey. Just say he's a secret commie cuban. Point out how his face looks like a slime Pokémon.

Iolo

Ossoff raised 50 million, highest ever for a house race, and got clobbered in a winnable district. But Cruz is going to lose to a random Democrat in a deep red state.

Ossoff raised 50 million, highest ever for a house race, and got clobbered in a winnable district. But Cruz is going to lose to a random Democrat in a deep red state.
The election is in a year and a half from now. There is plenty of time and the seat is definitely winnable. Ossoff was a bland candidate unlike O'Rourke.

Losing by fewer than four points in a district that's been Republican since 1978 is getting "clobbered"? Trump poached Price from GA-6 because of the district's safe-red status. It never should've been competitive for a Democrat. The result bodes very well for next year's elections in light red districts, swing districts, and light blue districts (some of which have Republican representatives).

Handel also got more dark PAC money than Ossoff.

As for Texas, I agree it'll be the most difficult of the three feasibly winnable races (AZ, NV, TX), but I wouldn't discount the possibility entirely. We have a good candidate, 2018 will be an anti-Republican year, and Texas has been getting bluer, if incrementally.

Decided to do my part shortly after the election. I set up automated monthly donations to the Texas Democratic Party and Travis County democrats.

GA6 was not a "winnable" district by any means. What are you talking about? It's a wealthy white GOP stronghold, which is exactly why the rep there was able to be tapped in the first place to open up the seat. It's a seat previously held by Newt Gengrich. And probably hasn't gone Blue since the Civil Rights era, if at all. And that's likely due to the presence of Dixicrats who finally have switched their party affiliation to the GOP.

The bigger takeaway is that the GOP had to spend a similar amount just to defend it.

I hope he goes after Cruz for cucking up to Trump after he said his wife was ugly and his father killed JFK.

Like seriously how can this dude claim he's some sort of maverick after that shit.

Ossoff also had no message and didn't run on anything.

O'Rourke doesn't exactly have a manifesto but "a campaign funded by 'the people not corporations'" is a start and better than anything Ossoff ran on.

He'll probably still lose but I like what I see from him more than Ossoff

Pastry

Banned
Beto is an order of magnitude more charismatic than Ossoff was. Not only that but he also has experience in the federal government so I think he'll actually approach this with a message. Ossoff just seemed unpolished as a candidate but he did surprisingly well considering that.

Top Bottom