• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Revenge of the Sith *spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darth Maul basically has to die for dramatic reasons.

Obi-Wan has to get out of the "belly of the whale" as it were (proving himself as a Jedi) and the audience needs a victiorious climax.

The same thing happened with the script for "A New Hope". Initially, there's only supposed to be one Death Star and that's supposed to blow up at the end of ROTJ, but when Lucas decided to split the movies up, he realized he needed a climax for the end of A New Hope, so he put a Death Star in there as well.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
evil ways - exactly.. so why would he "save" maul by turning him into grievous. maul failed in his mission. time to replace him.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
the theories/hopes/rumors that Maul would somehow come back in later movies after Episode I were some of the lamest fan-fic ideas I ever heard.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
allow me to point out something funny (to go offtopic a bit more). Everyone wanted more Boba Fett... so Lucas put him in ROTJ.. albeit lame.. so people bitched that he was put in lamely. Then lucas put him in ANH SE and people bitched that lucas was just using him for the sake of using him. Then he put him in AOTC and people got furious at all of the boba..

and now people want the same thing with Maul.. his appearance in TPM was very distinct and memorable, and people want him all over.. though part of me believes that had Lucas put Maul in more movies (grievous or whatever), that more people would be bothered by it than happy about it.

anyway, I am glad Maul is gone.. he was very cool but is gone. Grievous will be pretty cool though we will only get to see him in one real fight.

If I have one complaint about the PT (also off topic) it is that george spreads the story too thin in many instances. In OT if there was a lightsaber fight its participants were either Vader, Obi-Wan, or Luke.. pretty simple. In PT if there is a saber fight it could be Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda, Mace, or any of the other dozens of jedi and the villains... Maul, Dooku, Grievous, or Sidious.. I mean all of the lightsabers are cool and all, and our overall lightsaber time is comparable to the OT, but we now have it split between like two dozen participants so we hardly get to see any single participant for any good length of time. :(

ok, on topic now..

I do like the ending.. I hope they keep it like it is in the book and decide to do it similar to the SE ending of ROTJ.. I think that would kick ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom