• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riqa, a cancelled N64 game, is now out and playable on OG hardware and emulation

VGEsoterica

Gotta love when a beta for an unreleased and cancelled game comes out. Especially one that has a decent chunk of gameplay and most of the story intact. From the same devs that made the ALSO cancelled Die Hard for N64 too. Bits Studio def has some bad luck getting their games to completion on N64 so its great to see one come out and from one of the ex-developers too.

Figured this would entertain some people. Works on OG hardware, MiSTer FPGA and Mupen64. Ares would not boot for me

00_Zer0

I remember back in the day looking in the gaming magazines getting hyped about this game, because good 3rd person action games were in short supply on the N64. Too bad Bits Studio couldn't get this past the finish line. Definitely going to check this out. Thanks for the heads up.

VGEsoterica

I remember back in the day looking in the gaming magazines getting hyped about this game, because good 3rd person action games were in short supply on the N64. Too bad Bits Studio couldn't get this past the finish line. Definitely going to check this out. Thanks for the heads up.
Seems like development just got too late on the calendar and you had Dreamcast on the market by that point

Happy to give the heads up :)

Top Bottom