• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: State of Decay 3 could be shown at Xbox Showcase

Draugoth

Gold Member
Jez Corden, from WindowsCentral, teased that State of Decay 3 could appear at the Xbox Showcase in June. As well as Gears 6, which seems unanimous among insiders. Not only The Coalition, but Unded labs should be on stage.

"I'm excited about Gears 6 for the June Xbox Showcase, but there's another game whose state I'm incredibly excited to learn more about."

Nankatsu

Gold Member
We already know Xbox is in a decaying state. No need of showing it yet again.

Uh Oh Oops GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I hope we do see it. But we've seen nothing but a little fmv tease. I feel a lot of the support for SoD 2 has been trialling things for SoD3

Perrott

Gold Member
I mean, it absolutely should be at the event, shit was announced four years ago and we haven't seen anything since.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Should have it's own showcase like the Starfield direct. This is one if the few XBox games that has home run potential. Time to treat these games differently.

WoJ

When they dropped that first trailer for State of Decay 3 I'm pretty sure there was something shared that indicated the game was coming 2023. That was almost 4 years ago and we've heard basically nothing since then.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol i remember when they showed the CG trailer for it at the xbox reveal conference. that was almost 4 years ago now.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I've never been into this series. Maybe this will be the one.

Personally, I think we're seeing Perfect Dark also. Booty basically said as much a year ago on the Friends Per Second podcast. And I assume we're probably close to hearing release dates for Clockwork Revolution and South of Midnight.

The real question mark is Everwild.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Sure, if they add some kind of a rudimentary story mode to it, that'll also be great. SoD 2 was good but these kind of survival games, without any narrative, aren't my cup of tea.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I need it to be more....gritty. The trailer with the Zombie deer makes me feel like they are going in that direction. I went back and tried to play the SoD2 and I felt like I was playing Grounded with Zombies.

Everything is so....casual and organized.

It's the zombie frickin apocalypse. Shit should be blowing up, helicopter dropping rations and then getting taken out when they try to leave. Need to see some kid zombies...fuck with my mind a little bit please. Failed military involvement. Random bombing. Commercial planes falling out the sky. Don't stop at deer. Zombie rabbits and pigeons, transferring the virus through their droppings.

Fuckin Zombie Eagles. Ya know, cuz they ate the rabbit. I want SoD3 to be FUBAR

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Weren't there rumors this was going to have more of an online component to it than the last ones? It would be interesting to see if they could pull that off. I might be thinking of the wrong game though.

Top Bottom