• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rune Factory 5 Will Feature Same-Sex Marriage In The West

Astral Dog

So they're trying to finish off the dead series even faster?
Rune Factory 5 sold very very well in Japan, unfortunately the bugs and other issues made it drop fast.

its a cooler series than Animal Crossing imo, part farming simulator, part dating sim, part fantasy action RPG

Edit: good news at least they been working hard on those patches, 10 since launch:

RF5 should easily become the best selling title in the series

Last edited:

belmarduk

The thing is, in most JRPGs, the characters are so androgynous that it doesn't matter anyway. The last Rune Factory I played was 3, but I may give this the chance. I need new games to play.

Javthusiast

Banned
Pretty upsetting, to say the least. Not necessarily the fact that the game features it, but that the localization team pushed for it. These gaming companies need to remove these activists from their teams, and they need to start doing it now.

Go Away Do Not Want GIF

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
I tried on the Gamecube, the game was interrupted so often with people talking to be about whatever was going on and what I was supposed to do that I got bored and let go after about 1 hour.
yeah, they slow games about building up your farm and making money of it. there are side activities including getting married. it's a slow game and I personally think that they already perfected it with Back to Nature on the PS1. Rune Factory is also an action RPG, so it has more going on at least.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Pretty upsetting, to say the least. Not necessarily the fact that the game features it, but that the localization team pushed for it. These gaming companies need to remove these activists from their teams, and they need to start doing it now.

There is literally nothing wrong with this nor is this an "activist" thing. Its just an option, one that is not pushed on the player or constantly mentioned.

Go outside.

Woopah

This has no negative affect on you. Yet people caring about equality is something you find "pretty upsetting" and you want people who care about equality to lose their jobs.

This has no negative affect on you. Yet people caring about equality is something you find "pretty upsetting" and you want people who care about equality to lose their jobs.
This absolutely has a negative effect on me, and on the gaming industry as a whole. Any type of validation for these people's egregious behavior leads to things like were seeing in WoW now, without Blizzard systematically destroying the game because of the Wokeness of its employees. Despite what you're suggesting, these actions are not done from a place of honesty.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
This absolutely has a negative effect on me, and on the gaming industry as a whole. Any type of validation for these people's egregious behavior leads to things like were seeing in WoW now, without Blizzard systematically destroying the game because of the Wokeness of its employees. Despite what you're suggesting, these actions are not done from a place of honesty.
"oh please don't put gay people into my precious videos games, it ruins my inner bigotry"

Woopah

But the "egregious behaviour" in this case is supporting equality. The original game restricted you to a certain sexuality, now it doesn't.

What about this isn't honest and what's the link to WoW? We can discuss that issue if you want to, but it seems silly to say that what is happening in WoW means that the people localising this game shouldn't be allowed to do the right thing. Behaviour that is inclusive for the LGBT+ community should be encouraged not discouraged.

I started to type up my thoughts about this yesterday, but then deleted it. The replies you're getting aren't encouraging the discussion, instead people are getting predictably hung up on the social aspects of the change itself and missing the point.

XSEED, the localizer, pushed/pressured the developer to change the games content.

I don't care what the changes are. I don't care why the changes are made. I don't care what anyone likes changed. Localizers deliberately changing content is a bad, and sets a bad precedent. I get that sometimes there are rating board or translation vs meaning dilemmas, but that's not what this is.

Translate games to my language and leave it at that.

Woopah

I started to type up my thoughts about this yesterday, but then deleted it. The replies you're getting aren't encouraging the discussion, instead people are getting predictably hung up on the social aspects of the change itself and missing the point.

XSEED, the localizer, pushed/pressured the developer to change the games content.

I don't care what the changes are. I don't care why the changes are made. I don't care what anyone likes changed. Localizers deliberately changing content is a bad, and sets a bad precedent. I get that sometimes there are rating board or translation vs meaning dilemmas, but that's not what this is.

Translate games to my language and leave it at that.
The original version in Japan is getting patched with this additional, optional functionality. Why is localisers adding additional, optional functionality something that anyone should be annoyed about?

Top Bottom