• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Season Pass for Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Announced

Draugoth

Gold Member

The path to becoming Na'vi will lead you toward new adventures...The Season Pass offers new gameplay experiences and storylines:

Get access to two story packs, the Familiar Echoes bonus quest, a banshee cosmetic set, and more!Face a mysterious shadow in the Sky Breaker story pack. Engage in epic aerial battles as you discover the secret of the new canyon region in the Secrets of the Spires story pack!

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ Season Pass is included in the Gold and Ultimate editions.

sendit

I have never met a single person in all my years of living who gives a shit about Avatar. I understand the movie was huge success but where are all the Avatar fans?

It’s like the Fermi paradox for Hollywood dreck.
james cameron diving GIF by South Park

Mossybrew

I have never met a single person in all my years of living who gives a shit about Avatar. I understand the movie was huge success but where are all the Avatar fans?

Right? I mean I enjoyed the movies as pure visual spectacle but IRL I don't think I've ever had anyone bring them up. My main problem is the Navi themselves, just something offputting about how they look, and always runnin around in those skimpy little outfits, they just kinda nasty.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real

Lol, I'm curious what your conclusion is.

Lol, I'm curious what your conclusion is.
Mine is: it's a great series with no lasting impact on the viewer. The production is top and the story is a cliche but a proven one, but ultimately I don't care about the characters or the universe they live in.

It's like the difference between the GoT books and the GoT show.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Mine is: it's a great series with no lasting impact on the viewer. The production is top and the story is a cliche but a proven one, but ultimately I don't care about the characters or the universe they live in.

It's like the difference between the GoT books and the GoT show.
Fair enough.

Zannegan

Every time they announce a season pass for a single player game ahead of launch, I just decide to wait for the complete experience, which tyoically means picking it up for dirt cheap end of gen. Why do they do this? Are people really excited to find out that they aren't given the complete package but will be able to finish their purchase at a later date?

xrnzaaas

It's difficult to predict how this game will sell, but I think it will flop. It may attract fans of Ubi's open world titles, but I would say that's it. Most people go to the cinema to watch Avatar movies as a visual spectacle, not to be told a great story. You won't have that top tier level of graphics here and the game won't get any boost from the next sequel being released the same year.

So to summarize, it shouldn't take long until the gold version will cost as much as the standard one. Remember no pre-orders. ;)

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member

I think it says more about who you surround yourself with.

I don’t think I’ve ever met a soccer fan.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The game's a week away and we still don't know when the review embargo is?

King Dazzar

I'm the idiot who usually always buys the Titanium, Deluxe, Ultimate, suck my purple wand and lick my hairy sack of magic version. But after Far Cry 6's beyond awful DLC, they can fuck off for once.

clarky

Gold Member
I thought this was a single player game? why would you need a season pass?

Edit:
Wait. i just watched the trailer in the OP.

When they say season pass they mean seasons will actually pass waiting for the content you bought.

Summer 2024 then winter2024??!?!

LoL fuck off Ubisoft.

Last edited:

Fbh

For when you just can't get enough repetitive Ubisoft content.

I thought this was a single player game? why would you need a season pass?

Edit:
Wait. i just watched the trailer in the OP.

When they say season pass they mean seasons will actually pass waiting for the content you bought.

Summer 2024 then winter2024??!?!

LoL fuck off Ubisoft.

It has optional coop.
But the term season pass has also often been used for the bundle pack that includes all future DLC, even in a single player game

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
For when you just can't get enough repetitive Ubisoft content.

It has optional coop.
But the term season pass has also often been used for just the bundle pack that includes all future DLC, even in a single player game
Yeah i get it now its not a season pass at all. it's a couple of dlc' s that the are asking for your cash almost 9 months in advance and giving you a likely shitty "exclusive" quest that will last 10 minutes and a bunch of lame cosmetics.

Gamers must be really fucking stupid if they fall for this shit.

I've said it before and ill say it again:

Fuck off Ubisoft

hussar16

Director:this side quest is actually intresting. A Lil bit to intresting for base game make it expensive dlc instead

Top Bottom