• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Set sail on the Millennium Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liberty4all

Banned
A6bdA7C.jpg

Who says you need to be a Wookiee or a sarcastic space smuggler to fly the Millennium Falcon? This week, Disney Cruise Line announced tweaks to a ship, including an epic "Star Wars" area.

Kids (and hopefully us adults as well) can sit in the cockpit, assist with navigation, and pilot the Falcon through hyperspace to jump to light speed in a galaxy far, far away. (more at link)

http://www.cnet.com/news/set-sail-on-the-millennium-falcon-disney-cruises-get-star-wars-upgrade/

So cool. Kid me would have died of excitement.

aliengmr

Yea, no way there will be bloody battles fought over the two cockpit chairs. Which honestly looks like the only fun thing in there.

Liberty4all

Banned
On the size issue it's obviously designed to fit multiple kids at once so concessions were made. Regardless I feel that a lot of heart went into making it feel star warsy enough.

Hobbun

WTH

Looks like they just took scenes that took place in the Falcon during the movies and mashed them together in one big room.

I sure hope Disney took more care in the movies.

Jibbed

WTH

Looks like they just took scenes that took place in the Falcon during the movies and mashed them together in one big room.

It's for kids. It says it right there in the article.

D i Z

WTH

You're kidding right? This is a stage for kids to play and have photos taken in with who knows how many family members and friends. Not an actual set. How are the two even comparable?

Hobbun

You're kidding right? This is a stage for kids to play and have photos taken in with who knows how many family members and friends. Not an actual set. How are the two even comparable?

No reason they could have built it for both.

Adults could have enjoyed it as well, and kids would have appreciated the accurate layout (if they saw the movies).

Besides, not the only one who made a comment as such, but apparently my post was picked out.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
No reason they could have built it for both.

Adults could have enjoyed it as well, and kids would have appreciated the accurate layout (if they saw the movies).

Besides, not the only one who made a comment as such, but apparently my post was picked out.

Probably because you were the only one who thought that the layout of a Disney cruise ship would reflect the quality of their movies.

Ridli

It's just concept art.

Completely inaccurate concept art that's all wrong and dumb and stupid and looks nothing like the proper layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom