• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shawn Levy (Night at the Museum) in talks to direct Minecraft movie

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Not listed below are his Pink Panther films.

Deadline said:
EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros is in talks with Shawn Levy to develop to direct Minecraft, the hot video game franchise that Warner Bros acquired in February on the heels of the studio’s success with The LEGO Movie.

He last directed This Is Where I Leave You for Warner Bros, and has directed and/or produced the Night At The Museum series, Real Steel, Date Night, and the just opened Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. His latest, Night At The Museum: Secret Of The Tomb, will be released by Fox on December 19.
Source: http://deadline.com/2014/10/minecraft-movie-shawn-levy-director-warner-bros-852503/[

Mesoian

Lego Movie was made by Warner's animation division.

While I liked Lego Movie, it has more problems than successes.

If it wasn't for the live action stuff near the end, I probably would have come away from that movie completely placid on it.

Fucking Date Night...holy shit.

Even if the movie is rubbish I'm sure it'll make money. Kids are absolutely bonkers for Minecraft, after all. I imagine WB is aiming to catch lightning in a bottle twice after hitting it big with the Lego Movie?

I really can't see them treating it with the same amount of care that the Lego movie got.

Especially when it's coming from the director of those critically acclaimed Pink Panther reboots.... I see them crapping out a quick cash grab to take advantage of the IP

Top Bottom