• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Shenmue, Final Fantasy VII and why we shouldn't entirely give in to nostalgia"

Fuck anyone who wants to play the same game with slight graphical upgrades. If they introduce a new system, so be it (as long as it's good). It's a remake, not a remaster.

Yeah, FF VII needs more than a graphics overhaul. Namura-san, don't listen to those guys who just want that. If Henry Ford had listened to them, he wouldn't have invented cars but faster horses....

Fuck anyone who wants to play the same game with slight graphical upgrades. If they introduce a new system, so be it (as long as it's good). It's a remake, not a remaster.

A remaster is an upres'ed port, or at least not a graphical upgrade significant enough to be called a remake (ex: ff x collection for ps3). A remake takes a game with older gameplay mechanics with aged graphics and significantly revamps them to the point it deserves the title remake (ex: Resident Evil Remake). If you're going to entirely change the gameplay structure I would call that a REBOOT. It is all semantics really, but that point doesn't add weight to the fact that they should change everything just because they titled it remake. The graphical upgrades aren't going to be slight either, they had fuggin blocks for hands.

liquidtmd

Banned
Isnt this basically Nintendo's business?

How so? Regarding nostalgia?

Their decisions with Wii U were dumb, they can't balance out their release schedule for shit, they don't enough enough 1st party titles to sustain a console solo and they make decisions that seem designed to make it hard for third parties to support them...but ultimately they make great games in their mainline series when they do hit.

ZangBa

So I'm not allowed to enjoy ATB systems anymore because modern games systems are objectively better and anything that isn't modern is trash and archaic now.

How about no, because I'm replaying FFVII with my nephew so he can experience it, and I am enjoying every second of it. Not to mention he likes it as well because it isn't the same old shit he sees nowadays.

Top Bottom