• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sifu achieves new milestone with 3 million copies sold

PARIS (Feb. 20, 2024) - Sifu developer Sloclap, on the game’s two-year anniversary, announced today that the critically acclaimed Kung-Fu filled beat ‘em up has reached 3 million sales. Two new outfits have been added as a thank-you to the dedicated fanbase who helped reach this milestone.

Sifu owners can become fully-fledged Absolvers while donning Risryn’s costume and mask, inspired by the final boss from Sloclap's first game Absolver. Or, for a more laid-back mood, throw on the street-style inspired jumpsuit highly requested by the Sifu community. See these outfits in action now with today's new trailer:

Initially released on Feb. 8, 2022, Sifu hit the ground running with its debut on PC, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles. The game was met with critical acclaim and hailed as one of 2022’s best action games with award nominations at the Golden Joystick Awards, The Game Awards and the D.I.C.E. Awards. In 2023, Sifu was added to the Steam, Xbox and Nintendo Switch libraries. Now, players across all platforms have the opportunity to become masters of martial arts.

Sifu is a revenge story told through a meticulously designed beat 'em up action game. You walk in the shoes of a young Pak Mei Kung-Fu who embarks on an epic quest to avenge their fallen master. Set in the backdrop of a stylized fictional Chinese city, players must hone their best kung fu abilities mastered through years of training to take down their master’s murderers one by one. With each failure, you grow older and wiser, though with fewer years to spare than before. Time is the price you will pay for revenge. Either adapt and learn from your foes, or you will meet your demise.

DosGamer

Cool game, unfortunately I never finished it because it was far too difficult for me.
I heard it was super hard, but I also thought I saw somewhere that they made a difficulty mode for it where it was much easier to play. I might need to look into and see if that is true!

saintjules

I heard it was super hard, but I also thought I saw somewhere that they made a difficulty mode for it where it was much easier to play. I might need to look into and see if that is true!

Regarding easy mode:

I was able to beat the game on the normal difficulty at release. The last boss was super annoying, but it was a fun experience overall.

The easy mode is a great way for returning players to go back for a continuing/2nd run of the game.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
Regarding easy mode:

I was able to beat the game on the normal difficulty at release. The last boss was super annoying, but it was a fun experience overall.

That easy mode seems too easy and doesn't sound fun. What makes this game frustrating rather than challenging is that the exponential ageing is too penalising, and doesn't really allow you to get good without ruining your playthrough. So what happens is that you end up restarting each level over and over to get a perfect run. It almost feels like a rougelite, and that's why I dropped it. I do intend to give it another go though.

Skifi28

What about on Playstation?

VwvLFPO.png

Lowest price has been quite low.

Edit: Too late.

Last edited:
Top Bottom