• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, there is this game called Solbrain:Knight of Darkness coming to PS4 today.......

shoplifter

Yeah unfortunately I didn't keep the text because I couldn't give less of a shit about having a copy. It's my *only* Metacritic review so this one is obviously the culprit. I even included a link to my video so my criticisms could be seen.

I gave it a zero because it's the worst console game that I've ever played, and it deserves nothing more for being an utter ripoff combined with completely inept mechanics and design.

You people just don't understand post-modern appropriation and intertextuality. You are failing to meet the challenge being presented by the devs. All games, all reality, is an incoherent and arbitrary combination of "meaning" that deconstructs itself when one pays the slightest amount of attention.

You people just don't understand post-modern appropriation and intertextuality. You are failing to meet the challenge being presented by the devs. All games, all reality, is an incoherent and arbitrary combination of "meaning" that deconstructs itself when one pays the slightest amount of attention.

Just as each processor cycle brings this game one step closer to crashing, time marches us all, second by second, to our inevitable deaths.

Thank you Solbrain, for teaching us all to face mortality.

So is this taken down now off of PSN? I imagine with all of the stolen images and music sony would want this legal headache gone right away. If they haven't already took this off the store then I don't know what the fuck is up with sony!

Oreiller

I love shitty games and this has absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever.

A few choice items:

1) the Options button does nothing. Literally nothing. There's no in game menu. In order to even start a stage over, you have to either die or exit the application and start it over in the PS homescreen.

2) sometimes when pressing the 'special attack' button(s) nothing happens. However the next time you press a normal attack button your special attack may magically show itself, wasting valuable resources at the best possible time.
So the PS4 is even buggier than the PC version. Perfect. Thanks Lightning Game Studios.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I agree with a3300080

I also loke the username. Some thought went into it, and i always appreciate a well thought out username.
Pfff fuck that guy.
a3299273, now THAT'S a great name!
I was also very pleased that the creators chose a less used but different animal to be a cursed soul.
Alright, I need to know which "less used but different" animal they used

thankfully I can still collect beach balls at the sacred tree and the location.
Oh THANK GOD

These reviews are amazing

DrArchon

I agree with a3300080

I also loke the username. Some thought went into it, and i always appreciate a well thought out username.

That's a decent name I guess, but I only trust storeappmac when it comes to reviews. a3300080 is a little too biased towards beach ball collecting at sacred trees, which is perfectly understandable but not really what I'm looking for in a review.

Sony and Microsoft quality control is a myth, at least when it comes to third party content. The amount of dog shit ports and general dog shit games released on both platforms is a testament to this.

DrArchon

Sony and Microsoft quality control is a myth, at least when it comes to third party content. The amount of dog shit ports and general dog shit games released on both platforms is a testament to this.

MS and Sony quality control is just making sure the game doesn't brick the system or wipe your hard drive.

NewDust

This game (graphically) reminds me way to much of Toren, but other than both games originate in Brazil, I can't find anything that ties them together.

Protome

It's not a myth, just a bunch of people keep ignoring what it's for. Which is not what you seem to think it is for.

NeoRausch

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/solbrain-knight-of-darkness/user-reviews
Thankfully I can still collect beach balls at the sacred tree and the location.
..the battles are to hard and to easy...
I was also very pleased that the creators chose a less used but different animal to be a cursed soul.

I...uhhhh.... Well...

8 hours of playtime!

shoplifter

The shill accounts have now apparently been compromised because the reviews have all been edited with non-broken english.

\/\/\/ I reported them yesterday morning as shills.

DrArchon

The shill accounts have now apparently been compromised because the reviews have all been edited with non-broken english.

It almost looks like they were replaced with reviews from Mass Effect 3. Two of them talk about how the ending was so awful that it ruined the game and the series for them.

They should've just been deleted honestly. It was painfully obvious they were either bots or shills and that shit shouldn't fly on MC.

jesu

The reviews now seem to be tempting people to buy the game by saying the end is shocking(ly bad) lol

alright, even funnier, they're Mass Effect 3 reviews!

NeoRausch

Saved for future generations! Learn from our mistakes!

6xbkq.jpg

KyleCross

What? No, why would you recommend someone give this company any money for complete laziness and theft?

It's deplorable, but there's no other way around it; this is going to be a rare game. Just like P.T. having access to this game is going to be something the majority won't have. I admit I want to buy it too even tho I have zero interest in the title and it's terrible, but the lure of knowing I could have something that's going to disappear for most is strong.

AgeEighty

It's deplorable, but there's no other way around it; this is going to be a rare game. Just like P.T. having access to this game is going to be something the majority won't have. I admit I want to buy it too even tho I have zero interest in the title and it's terrible, but the lure of knowing I could have something that's going to disappear for most is strong.

Unless it stays up there and all you succeeded in doing was giving money to thieves for a very bad game.

Top Bottom