• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Southeast GAF Six Flags Over GA is retiring the GA Cyclone

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
AJC

Six Flags Over Georgia announced today the iconic wooden roller coaster, the Georgia Cyclone, will go away forever after Sunday, July 30.

Gene Petriello, spokesman for Six Flags Over Georgia said while he couldn’t discuss what might fill soon-to-be empty space, he said in an e-mail, “each year we add a new ride to the park and we will continue to deliver innovative and thrilling rides for our guests like we did this year with the all-new ‘Justice League Battle For Metropolis.’”

Laieon

Never rode Georgia's version but I'm still disappointed Houston wasn't able to preserve our Cyclone. Makes it even worse knowing that where it once stood is now just a field used for overflow parking, or it was last time I checked.

I went in 2014 to Busch Gardens in Tampa and they had already closes one of two of their wooden roller coaster tracks. I just checked and they retired it completely now and you know what? Good fucking riddance! I came out of that ride with a headache and neck pains. These things belong in the past. They're not even as thrilling as metal ones! You cant even have upside down turns in these things! The only thrill I felt is the irrational fear that the wood might break and I'd crash.

As a lover of roller coasters I say without a doubt: fuck wooden roller coasters.

Top Bottom