• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sports Show with Norm MacDonald -- Norm's return to TV!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wads

Banned
Shaneus said:
I came in to say this, then saw that it's a few months old. If it's on Comedy Central, then how come the late night show owned by the same network (Conan) hasn't had him on?
Say what? Conan is on TBS. They are good friends though.

May16

Every episode of this so far has been highly awesome. Norm's delivery is one of a kind.

"I watched Kloe and Lamar, and I must say, it does a great job of combining basketball with a bunch of shit."
...Classic.

Dyno

His sense of humour is so off-beat. He gets plenty of good ones in there though. His timing is just spot on.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
BenjaminBirdie said:
I can now confidently and sadly say that while this show is good, it's nowhere near the gold perfection of SportsDome.
is sportsdome still on? i know it was getting shuffled around the schedule. would be a real shame especially since it's so much better than the main news show (and even my sports-hating friends agree)

Blader

NOOOOOOO!

Apparently sports and comedy just can’t seem to get along well enough for Comedy Central’s tastes. Deadline reports that the cable network has decided to cancel both of their recent attempts to lampoon the sports world by deciding against renewal of both Onion SportsDome and Sports Show with Norm Macdonald. Honestly, I didn’t find the former to be all that entertaining, but the latter (featuring my favorite host of the Weekend Update segments on Saturday Night Live) delivered a hilarious sports-based comedy show that I’m sad to see get the axe. Macdonald’s dry, deadpan delivery just cracks me up, and his take on news and sketches featuring various athletes really brought the laughs. Honestly it’s cancellation wouldn’t be out of place on the regular “What the H” segment.

http://collider.com/onion-sportsdome-sports-show-with-norm-macdonald-cancelled/97696/

This makes me very sad. What does it take to keep Norm on tv?!

dyls

Sucks. I went to the taping of the last show of the first season, and they were hopeful that it would get renewed. I loved the show, and the taping was a lot of fun. His warmup comic was Kevin Brennan, whom I like also, and they had a really funny banter throughout.

Chichikov

Blader5489 said:
NOOOOOOO!

http://collider.com/onion-sportsdome-sports-show-with-norm-macdonald-cancelled/97696/

This makes me very sad. What does it take to keep Norm on tv?!
Fuck.
I really enjoy those shows.

And man, Norm's quote there is gold -
"an Internet campaign to save the show, almost like they do with shows about witches and vampires and aliens from outer space. Maybe I’ll call [the network] and ask them to bring it back. I’ll say, ‘Just bring it back. How much could it hurt television, really?’"

I hope both get a new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom