• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix "Jumps In", New partnership with Microsoft adding two Final Fantasy XV cars to Forza Horizon 4!!!!!

1cc75ec0-295f-4cb3-87a8-29aef16cded9-1031x580.jpg

The most interesting addition, though, is two Quartz Regalia models taken right from Square Enix’s Final Fantasy XV game. You could already drive the iconic Halo Warthog in Forza Horizon 4, and this new crossover with the popular J-RPG series is some pretty cool fan service.
“These two Final Fantasy XV vehicles will both be available to earn as gameplay rewards starting after the Summer season change on February 14,” wrote Forza community manager Brian Ekberg. “In the future players can look forward to more cars coming into Forza Horizon 4, including community favorites like the 1994 Honda Prelude Si and the 1994 Nissan Fairlady Z Version S Twin Turbo,” he continued.
If you haven’t played it yet, Forza Horizon 4 is free to play with Xbox Game Pass. For a limited time, you can get two months of subscription for just $2 instead of $19.99, and enjoy a catalog of over 100 Xbox One and Xbox 360 games.

Pretty cool for those that liked or are fans of Final Fantasy XV. A very uncommon partnership but an exciting one none the less. I do find it strange that, at least for the car, Square Enix didn't go to GT/Sony for a partnership, but I'm sure Square Enix has their reasons.

Seems they are available to use now from what I can find. So strap in and give them a whirl!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

fallingdove

I do find it strange that, at least for the car, Square Enix didn't go to GT/Sony for a partnership, but I'm sure Square Enix has their reasons.​

I don’t want Final Fantasy cars in my GT Sport. Makes much more sense for something like Horizon.

Last edited:
Forza is one of the rare Xbox/Microsoft franchise I find appealing.
Too bad I don't care about Xbox and will never touch that Microsoft Store cancer.

Last edited:
Second best selling FF behind 7, so it's pretty relevant.

True. Unfortunately it simply wasn’t good. I bet the next one won’t sell like XV (although will still do well I’m sure, as it seems gaming has become a horde of senseless zombies with poor taste).

Last edited:
True. Unfortunately it simply wasn’t good. I bet the next one won’t sell like XV (although will still do well I’m sure, as it seems gaming has become a horde of senseless zombies with poor taste).
I think people were just over-eager to forget FFXIII and were hopeful XV would be more than it ended up being. (At least, that's my excuse. Lol) It had been a long time since we last had a good FF game...

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I rather see SE work with MS to bring games like DQXI and upcoming Left Alive to their console.

I think people were just over-eager to forget FFXIII and were hopeful XV would be more than it ended up being. (At least, that's my excuse. Lol) It had been a long time since we last had a good FF game...

Yeah, I bought it too, so I’m one of those people who supported it (although I didn’t even get halfway into it - I hated it). I will definitely be more vigilant when the next one releases. DQ and the smaller RPGs from Squenix will probably be all I buy in the future unless they get back to something good with FF.

D.Final

Banned

For me, and for many other people in the world,
Final Fantasy XV is a good game.
GOTY 2016

And an excellent Final Fantasy.
(my favorite, at the levels of FF VI and FF IX)

Last edited:
GOTY 2016

Different strokes and all that. For me, it was mindless and sucked. Such a departure from FF of the past. Some think it is the next step, but I absolutely hate it.

I don’t disagree that many liked it - I just think a lot of core FF fans don’t like the direction it’s headed. That said, FF has been very hit or miss recently, so...

D.Final

Banned
Different strokes and all that. For me, it was mindless and sucked. Such a departure from FF of the past. Some think it is the next step, but I absolutely hate it.

I don’t disagree that many liked it - I just think a lot of core FF fans don’t like the direction it’s headed. That said, FF has been very hit or miss recently, so...

I am a longtime fan of the Final Fantasy saga.
And I played them all.

And I love Final Fantasy XV, also for the many references to the most classic chapters.
Which make it, together with the splendid OST, a masterpiece for me.

And since the saga is born, and exists, just to be always different to each chapter, I am very happy with the road taken by the saga.

And I hope, always and in any case, that the saga always has a rich and very rosy future.

Klayzer

Square this gen has worked with Xbox more so than I can remember. With a couple of marketing deals done already. I wonder how much it has helped with sales of their games on the Xbox platform.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Square this gen has worked with Xbox more so than I can remember.
Then I don’t understand why SE is not bringing games like DQXI to Xbox even tho it’s also on PS4, PC and it coming to Switch. Same with Left Alive which is also coming on PS4 and PC. Like to know the their reasoning behind this.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Does it fly? No, seriously. Imagine how cool it would be to just press a button and transform.

Forza Horizon is a brilliant game and one of the best on Xbox, if not any platform. Its
Nice to see them get random support that’s just for chuckles like this and the halo warthog. But I would love some more classic cars... Ecto-1, perhaps? :)

Klayzer

Then I don’t understand why SE is not bringing games like DQXI to Xbox even tho it’s also on PS4, PC and it coming to Switch. Same with Left Alive which is also coming on PS4 and PC. Like to know the their reasoning behind this.
Yeah that is curious why DQXI is not coming to Xbox when the older FF titles are coming.

Pantz

haha I had a feeling this might happen

would be nice if it came with a music track or two but i doubt it

LMJ

I mean it's not a huge deal, but still cool get MS, now get the Oscar Meyer Dog car, time to go cruising in 4k in the weiner mobile:goog_cool: lol

P.S that is meant to be funny, but I'm also serious, make it happen MS!

ethomaz

Banned

We can only hope SE won’t make these atrocious mistakes again with FFXVI... FFXV could be a spin-off (well it was born like one) not related to the main serie.

Who I’m kidding... SE never learn.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Xbox still has a minimum print number? I know SE didn’t release some games on that platform due that minimum number in the past.

DQ didn’t sell that well in the west to reach good numbers too.

Last edited:

dottme

GOTY 2016

I like it globally. The main issue is that the second part of the game is really bad and this is what stay when you finish the game.
The first part of the world (the open world ) was really good.

I think it would have been better if the game was shorter instead of it being stretched like crazy. It really feels like they were slowly running out of budget toward the end.

Top Bottom