• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Squid Game Season 2 coming in 2024

Fbh

I doubt this will be nearly as popular as the first season. Took way too long to come out and won't feel nearly as fresh . But who knows.

Also his character arc towards the end never clicked with me
He is shown what the Squid Games are and what it entails, he is given the option to walk away and willingly decides to go back. Then in the end he is all "how could they do this to us?!?!?".

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I doubt this will be nearly as popular as the first season. Took way too long to come out and won't feel nearly as fresh . But who knows.

Also his character arc towards the end never clicked with me
He is shown what the Squid Games are and what it entails, he is given the option to walk away and willingly decides to go back. Then in the end he is all "how could they do this to us?!?!?".
The entire last two episodes or so of the show is just bad writing. Like the guy who can examine the glass and then they dim the lights or whatever. Just garbage.

the show was highly overrated. Like it wasn't bad but it definitely wasn't the goat everyone was claiming to be, especially with that ending. I also dont doubt that the ending in the show wasn't the original ending and that they change it during production so they can leave the possibility of more seasons in case the show got renewed.

DKehoe

Curious to see what direction it takes. Stories like these that rely on a very specific setting which gave the story its structure (in this case the games) can often struggle when they then move outside of that for the follow up.

xrnzaaas

Considering how season 1 blew up I wouldn't have guessed it would take this long to develop and release season 2. They may be too late to repeat that success.

Sonik

I abandoned the show at episode 3 I think. Typical sadistic Korean bullshit with overacting and exaggerated characters/character development. I genuinely would love for Koreans to replace Hollywood but good God I'd rather watch Reacher season 2 again than this shit. I can take the weird characters and the exaggerated style of storytelling and interactions but I genuinely despise the sadism in these Korean shows/movies. It's cruelty for cruelty's sake and nothing more

YCoCg

Great, really looking forward to this, feels like it's taken way too long to come out though but that seems to be a common thing these days with streaming shows, shit Stranger Things season 5 isn't coming out til 2025 apparently.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Squid game arrived during the pandemic and it created a sensation simply engaging with social media.
Searching Season 1 GIF by NETFLIX

0neAnd0nly

Surprised at the outwardly negative reactions itt.

The creator of the show said it would take a while, originally, because he wanted to take time to make it as good as the first season (which reportedly he took a long time to develop as well).

I think he fully knows that he can’t go away from the games, the games will absolutely be featured here again. The first show had stuff happening outside of the games as well, this will put some of this in perspective potentially more than season 1, sure, but I would be 100% shocked if this overtakes the games in anyway.

Season 1 was very good, IMO. Korean entertainment doesn’t shy away from interesting / daring content like the western entertainment does. It is what it is, and many times it’s pretty good:

• The Wailing

• Train to Busan

• Gonjiam

• Squid Games

Etc.

Top Bottom