• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stale Donuts >>> Fresh Donuts

SteadyEvo

There’s a delicious mom and pop bakery near me that blows Krispy Kreme and Dunkin out of the water. My only issue is fresh donuts are so mushy. To me it feels like eating undercooked dough. But let them sit for a day or two and the bread actually requires chewing. The donut can be pulled apart and not mush in my fingers.

If I want to eat donuts immediately Dunkin serves them stale. They just sit in the open air getting to the perfect consistency.

Krispy Kreme bout at the grocery store are usually stale. I’ll check the sell by date and get the oldest ones.

Can anyone else relate?

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
No Way GIF

badblue

Are they vegan donuts?

A few year ago on a job, my foreman brought in doughnuts every week or two from a fancy place in town. He was vegan so the donuts were from a vegan donut shop. I found them a little doughy compared to normal donuts but they were fucking fantastic otherwise.

If I lived closer I'd be fatter.
Vintage Donut GIF

SteadyEvo

Seems most like fresh hot Krispy Kreme that don’t require teeth. Just gums to mush those things down 🤷‍♂️ I’ve got a maple glazed I’ll leave on the counter till it’s nice and firm

kunonabi

I can't relate on the donut front, seriously gross, but I prefer flat diet coke to a properly fizzy one. Just tastes better for some reason.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Did you mean to use bagel twice?!
Lol...whoops! I did not! Meant to say when we deep fried a bagel, it was like a knock off donut. When coated with sugar after deep frying, tasted exactly like a sugar coated donut.
This wasn't a menu item. It was just something we did for ourselves in the prep area.

Codes 208

Fresh state fair mini donuts > fresh and hot donuts of any variety > donuts from behind the case of any establishment > bagel > biscuit > dry-ass stale donut

Last edited:

wondermega

Yeah there is something about having juuuuuust the tiniest dusting of mold over a donut. Also, never hurts to have an ant or 45 crawling through them, absolutely delicious.

Go_Ly_Dow

Donuts suck. You either feel disappointed or disgusted after having one.

1/10 would not bang.

Last edited:

SteadyEvo

Yeah there is something about having juuuuuust the tiniest dusting of mold over a donut. Also, never hurts to have an ant or 45 crawling through them, absolutely delicious.
If someone can’t leave food on the counter without bugs showing up they have a cleanliness problem.

Top Bottom