• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STALKER 2: Heart of Chornobyl - Releasing September 5th

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I think just the score would be sufficient, it will probably going to have a lot of players due to GamePass, so that sort of thing I wouldn't count

Let’s do 82-100 you win. 75-81we call a draw. 74 and under I win.

If I win you rock this avatar for a month in non gif form of Phil’s face:
phil-spencer-60.gif

Bry0

I personally think the development time and investment is too much for MS to continue funding it. They’ll ship it in whatever state they can get it to and cut losses.

This studio has so much stacked against them with Covid, colleagues dying, the war, and more. If they somehow put out an incredible 85+ metacritic game I’ll be shocked. Moreso if it runs well to boot on PC.

I just don’t see it. I see this being a 65 average that fans of the prior title will be ok with , and everyone else will have major issues with from performance to gameplay to bugs , etc. That’s why I think it’ll be this years RedFall— sent to die.
It will be a euro jank masterpiece that will be instantly off putting to the average casual AAA player and only people with crazy PCs will be able to enjoy it with acceptable performance. I expect nothing less from this brilliant franchise.

CSJ

DRAFT!!_final_final2_release version - copy(3)

My guys, don't keep pumping out a release date nearly 3/4 of a year away.
If it's that far away, there's a lot still to do. I wouldn't keep my hopes up for it.

Also, show real gameplay please.

Last edited:

twilo99

I just read that this game is based on the stellar sci-fi novel Roadside Picnic? I love that book.. as much as I don't like playing against AI, I'll have to give it a go

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I just read that this game is based on the stellar sci-fi novel Roadside Picnic? I love that book.. as much as I don't like playing against AI, I'll have to give it a go

The games use the premise of radioactive fallout from a second disaster in the Chernobyl area to explain the surreal nature of the Zone as opposed to aliens, but yeah, stalkers being people who travel into the Zone to search for artifacts is directly inspired by the book.

twilo99

The games use the premise of radioactive fallout from a second disaster in the Chernobyl area to explain the surreal nature of the Zone as opposed to aliens, but yeah, stalkers being people who travel into the Zone to search for artifacts is directly inspired by the book.

Thanks for that.. I will give the first game a go sometime in the summer

YeulEmeralda

Linux User
It will be a euro jank masterpiece that will be instantly off putting to the average casual AAA player and only people with crazy PCs will be able to enjoy it with acceptable performance. I expect nothing less from this brilliant franchise.

So you're expecting a sales flop. Microsoft won't be pleased with that.

april6e

One of the frustrating things I've seen with trying to look up which version of the first game to play as a person new to this series to prepare for this is that seemingly noone can agree on what is the best Stalker game.

33% of people say Anomaly (people seem to get heated whenever this gets mentioned), 33% say Call of P and the other group says Shadow of C or Clear Sky.

Last edited:

Denton

One of the frustrating things I've seen with trying to look up which version of the first game to play as a person new to this series to prepare for this is that seemingly noone can agree on what is the best Stalker game.

33% of people say Anomaly (people seem to get heated whenever this gets mentioned), 33% say Call of P and the other group says Shadow of C or Clear Sky.
I finished all three.

Call of Pripyat is the best. It has three huge zones, great sidequests, great immersion.
Shadow of Chernobyl is the original masterpiece. More maps, but smaller ones, not great sidequests, but still stellar atmosphere.
Clear Sky is very similar to SoC, but overall weaker.

Still, all three are worth playing.

Never played anomaly.

Caio

I love the atmosphere, and I want this Game to be very good, I'm waiting for it since a long time. Can't wait.

DaciaJC

Gold Member

If you don't really give a toss about the overarching story, Call of Pripyat is the newest and most polished of the original games and would be my recommendation.

If you want to get the full experience concerning the background lore and characters and story revelations, then of course start with Shadow of Chernobyl.

I haven't played Clear Sky. It has some neat faction mechanics but was rather buggy, from what I remember reading.

Anomaly is a fan-made standalone mod. Has a lot of cool features and improvements but can be pretty brutal, so I wouldn't recommend it as a first choice for a total newcomer.

kyussman

Never played a game in this series but loved the more open gameplay of the last Metro game......really love the post nuclear aesthetic,a full blown open world of this could be a dream game for me.Hope they can pull off a miracle and deliver a truly great game.

DanielG165

I can wait for September, or whatever date the devs decide their game is ready to release when it’s finished. Considering these people have had to make this in the middle of a warzone, and some had to go and fight and die in said war… I couldn’t not give them all the leniency and respect they deserve. Keep cooking, guys.

Top Bottom