• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Underworld test footage (2010 cancelled live-action tv show)

VulcanRaven

Released test footage from 2010 of the cancelled Star Wars TV show "Underworld," which was to take place in the lower levels of Coruscant. The series was set after the events of Order 66. The video game "1313" was to be a tie-in of this series. Due to the immense cost of shooting the series, as well as the selling of Lucasfilm to Disney, "Underworld" was delayed and eventually cancelled.

Released test footage from 2010 of the cancelled Star Wars TV show "Underworld," which was to take place in the lower levels of Coruscant. The series was set after the events of Order 66. The video game "1313" was to be a tie-in of this series. Due to the immense cost of shooting the series, as well as the selling of Lucasfilm to Disney, "Underworld" was delayed and eventually cancelled.

This footage was produced by Stargate Studios (whose VFX resume includes Doctor Who, The Walking Dead, The Orville) in partnership with Lucasfilm. The VFX technology displayed in the making-of portion is Stargate Studios' impressive real-time rendering Virtual Backlot Live technology.

For more information about the concept art, stories, and development of "Underworld," as well as "1313," this archive has much information:

I wish they would have made this. I was really excited when they were talking about a live-action Star Wars tv show back then. I haven't seen The Mandalorian yet.

Last edited:

ManaByte

If it wasn't for this we wouldn't have got The Mandalorian. The $50M an episode price tag is what caused ILM to form ILMxLAB and start developing the technology that was used by Epic to do the VFX in The Mandalorian (and is being used on The Batman now).

Fbh

Looks interesting.
I always wanted to see more things like this, more cities and modern looking places. The new locations are some of the things I liked the most about the prequels so it was always disappointed that so much Star Wars media seems to focus on sameish looking desolate and run down places.

buizel

Banned
oh its this thing. we saw this like a decade ago.

along with episode descriptions and that, showing 'the fall' of palpatine etc

Ivory Blood

Wow, I haven't seen that before. But seriously yeah, remove some aliens and stormtroopers and there is your perfect cyberpunk blend. Still looks awesome.

Last edited:
Graphics still look really good... "Acting" (voice and physical) is uniformly terrible.

Like the premise though.

Really.. $50 Million US dollars per episode? Wow.

Gp1

Coruscant is WAY under explored in the SW universe. A post ep.3 Coruscant exploring the beginning of the rebellion would be way more interesting than this first order shitshow

ps: Troopers saying to the orange woman that the area is threat level orange lol

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
finally watched this whole thing. it's pretty impressive for test footage!

one way you know they would never make this now is the sexy heels that Jedi is wearing.

Damn this looked good. It had prequel aesthetics mixed with the OT. Something Disney Wars seriously lacks as they seemingly bury the prequels, even visually.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Star Wars fans will take anything, if you got to pick from this or Mandalorian you'd take Mando and Baby Yoda any day of the week.

VertigoOA

Banned
The master at work. 5 mins of footage with more original ideas that 3 fan fiction piece of shit movies.

fuck off disney.

Miss you George

Last edited:
Top Bottom