• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starbucks raising prices... again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of LA doesn't have crap other than Starbucks, Coffee Bean, and the occasional Peet's. Unless you're lucky enough to be close to Intelligentsia.

When I was in Portland there were amazing local coffee places left and right. I'm seriously jealous of that.

You must never go anywhere if you really believe this. I have 4 small roasters near my place in Long Beach and around 4-5 small-ish coffee shops near my job in Downtown LA. Also if you're gonna say stumptown is something other than OK I'll start laughing now. Blacktop coffee is probably one of my favorites and way better than anything I had in Portland / Seattle.

harSon

Banned
...what? are the people working there your friends?

Nope. Granted I go every single day at the same exact time, but I'm sure that's the case with tons of people. On my receipt, when they're not giving it to me for free, I'm being charged for a refill. Sometimes they have the ventee iced coffee prepared and waiting while I'm standing in line, and then just hand it to me and say it's on the house Lol. I've heard similar stories, but it's usually one person liking another - but I'm literally given this discount by at least 4-5 people. I don't want to ask and ruin a good thing.

I don't feel bad either, because 3 bucks for an iced coffee is highway robbery in the first place considering what it actually is :|

overcast

Considering how well they compensate their employees and aid in their college matriculation...I see no problem with this. They are a public company so they still have a responsibility to make money for their shareholders. At least we know they're also taking care of their employees along the way, which can't be said for a great many companies.

(Full disclosure: I drink at Starbucks approximately once per year and do not own any Starbucks stock)
I've worked at two huge corporations. Starbucks and Olive Garden (Darden). I can confirm the former has treated me better in my 3 months than OG did in 3 years. Not even close.

Considering how well they compensate their employees and aid in their college matriculation...I see no problem with this. They are a public company so they still have a responsibility to make money for their shareholders. At least we know they're also taking care of their employees along the way, which can't be said for a great many companies.

(Full disclosure: I drink at Starbucks approximately once per year and do not own any Starbucks stock)
Yeah I was going to say, Starbucks has a pretty good reputation for how they treat and pay their employees, so it's not shocking (nor problematic for me) that their product will cost more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom