• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield is now the most wishlisted game on Steam

https://news.italy24.press/technology/379388.html
Starfield now turns out to be the most desired game on Steambased on the ranking visible directly on the Valve store and derived from the amount of individual users who have added the game to their “wish list”.

It should be noted that until a few days ago Sons of the Forest was in first place, but with the game that has just been released on Steam, Starfield has taken over the top of the ranking, which is therefore now the most included game in the wishlist by users of the platform, overall.

This is not surprising that much, considering the importance covered by the game in the panorama of 2023 and beyond, proving to be one of the most anticipated titles ever for some time.

Steam, the current ranking of the most wanted games
At the moment, the top ten of the most desired games on Steam are the following:

1. Starfield
  2. Dark and Darker
  3. Party Animals
  4. Hollow Knight: Silksong
  5. Manor Lords
  6. STALKER 2: Heart of Chornobyl
  7. Frostpunk 2
  8. ARK 2
  9. Kerbal Space Program 2
  10. The Last of Us Part I
There are some less predictable picks, such as Dark and Darker in second place and Party Animals in third, but several well-known titles appear in the top ten in question. It should also be noted that almost half of these have been announced as available on day one on Game Pass, which confirms how Steam users still prefer to purchase titles on this platform, despite the possibility of using them on another manner through the subscription.
FprPhvXWIAEC8BU

Crazy, after all the time since the reveal, the NOV countdown, the delay, and now waiting on the showcase, the hype has barely slowed even a little.

Regardless of the state of the game, It's still going to be a huge seller whenever it releases.

Surprised Party Animals is that high too.

Perrott

Gold Member
Well, that's only because of the fact that the actual most wishlisted game on Steam, Sons of the Forest, came out just hours ago on early access to a massive sales success (so many people logged into Steam to buy the game this morning, that they crashed the whole storefront).

Million-selling sales performance of Sons of the Forest = hundreds of thousands of people having the game erased from their wishlists.

uB8S4Dp.png

Last edited:
Well, that's only because of the fact that the actual most wishlisted game on Steam, Sons of the Forest, came out just hours ago on early access to a massive sales success (so many people logged into Steam to buy the game this morning, that they crashed the whole storefront).

Million-selling sales performance of Sons of the Forest = hundreds of thousands of people having the game erased from their wishlists.

Ok and Starfield was second, so that means it was already massive, and now it will be even more massive when a showcase happens to actually show the game.

Kacho

Yeah PC bros know what butters their bread. Just wait until the Todd Howard hype machine kicks into full gear.

LakeOf9

Cause it will be fucking awesome, hopefully

I have seen nothing that makes me say this, I’m just going on pure blind faith here. That’s never let me down in the past, especially not with Todd

Last edited:

Laptop1991

Doesn't surprise me, it's my most wanted game as well, but then again it's been 8 years since their last single player game, so it would be no 1.

Last edited:
Well ofc it is. Nothing else is releasing this year on steam that has a huge budget lmao. Just another dead year it seems. Hopefully Sony gives us Spider-man 2 or else you can throw this year in the trash like the previous 2.

Last edited:

FBeeEye

Banned
Nobody wants this game. It will be full of bugs. Tod Howards is a liar. If this game sucks Microsoft will sell the Xbox business to Google for it to be launched as Stadia X.

Did I miss anything?

Topher

Gold Member
Cool. Not on my wishlist personally. That's why I have Game Pass. Glad there is lot of interest though.

Nobody wants this game. It will be full of bugs. Tod Howards is a liar. If this game sucks Microsoft will sell the Xbox business to Google for it to be launched as Stadia X.

Did I miss anything?
The funniest one i've seen so far was on the Starfield showcase rumour thread, i'll quote:

The general opinion of Starfield is "Okay great, guess I'll check it out on release since it's on Gamepass" and that's being generous.

Starfield's the typical Gamepass filler that nobody would try if it wasn't there.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This game's gonna be a juggernaut.

Did I miss anything?

insert the killzone 3 hit animations comparison gif and we're gold.

Last edited:

geary

But is on gamepass…i thought gamepass games do not sell well and are not wishlisted on other storefronts

Top Bottom