• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steelers Assistant being investigated for assaulting a patriots fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...tigated-nfl-allegedly-assaulting-patriots-fan

NFL investigating Steelers assistant for allegedly assaulting Patriots fan
11m - NFL PITTSBURGH STEELERS +1 more
EmailComment
Adam Schefter, NFL
NFL security is investigating Pittsburgh Steelers tight ends coach James Daniel for allegedly assaulting and verbally accosting a New England Patriots fan on the way to the locker room before halftime Thursday, according to league sources.

A league official confirmed the NFL is aware of the incident and is looking into it. A Steelers spokesman said NFL security has informed them about the incident and the team is also investigating.

The incident in question occurred before and after halftime of the Steelers' 28-21 loss on Thursday night. Daniel, who was on his way to the Steelers locker room, was seen allegedly kicking a Patriots fan in the back of his leg and yelling at the fan in front of witnesses.

By the time Daniel returned to the coaching booth after halftime, police and NFL security were waiting for him. Once the coach was identified by witnesses, and police approached him about controlling his behavior, Daniel began shouting at the police officer, according to witnesses.

NFL security, which did not witness the exchange with police, interviewed Daniel afterward about the entire incident, according to sources.

Troy

Banned
Wonder what the fan did to get that type of reaction.

He's a Steelers coach, does he really need a reason other than that?

Mike_Tomlin_Tripping_Jacoby_Jones_Ravens_Steelers.jpg

Troy

Banned
I was just asking because of how Pat's fans act. You heard how immature they can be, all chanting "Where is Roger"

Show me a stadium in college or the Pros where they don't chant shit to get under the skin of the opposing team. Show me one, and I'll show you a team that should be contracted.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Well, I can't wait to see more information about this to see both sides.

I can see this is getting really off topic in here, so I'm going to duck out before a mod catches some bodies.

Someone in the Steelers organization got physical with another person without their consent? Doesn't sound believable.

Wow. Rape jokes eh?

I'm definitely leaving this thread.

Troy

Banned
What a fucking dumpster fire the NFL is turning into.

When you consider all the shit they went through over the last year starting with Ray Rice, and now their big opening night was full of this type of shit and claims of more cheating by the Pats, the league needs some serious PR help.

Arc

This is completely inexcusable. You're a professional football coach. You will get booed and heckled everywhere, thick skin is required.

So now the Pats are using mind control on opposing coaches??? When will the cheating end?

These controversies are probably connected. Bill Billichick and Tom's Brady have mind control bones implanted into their brain matter. They can turn the radio on and off while the ref is walking around AND make the Steelers a salt fans without having to leave the field of ball play.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
When you consider all the shit they went through over the last year starting with Ray Rice, and now their big opening night was full of this type of shit and claims of more cheating by the Pats, the league needs some serious PR help.
The NFL needs a cleansing fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom