• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

System Shock Remake for Consoles arrive in Early 2024 | Patch 1.2 Released

Draugoth

Gold Member
96e822f0a646bdecdfd42650977c1a31_original.png

ANNOUNCEMENT #2: Where is Patch 1.2?​

You’re right, from our last update, patch 1.2 didn’t actually get pushed out. This is because we wanted absolute feature parity with the console versions. What this effectively means is that our players on PC will be getting the best version of the game, and will enjoy the same experience as our console friends. The PC patch is slated to go live early in 2024.

So including the patch notes found in the last update () we can add this list to the total patch list that are incoming:

*Warning Story Spoilers Ahead*

Major

============

• Female Hacker added as a playable character — Select the Hacker’s appearance from the New Game Configuration screen.
  • Reworked the entire final fight with new mechanics and a unique flow
  • Major optimizations across the entire game — Steam Deck users rejoice!
  • Alpha Strain enemies have a new attack
  • Avian Mutant enemies have a new attack
  • Cyborg Diego has new movement options
  • Some first person Hacker animations have been corrected
  • Continued refining enemy AI and behaviors
  • General combat and speed balance adjustments across enemies and weapons
  • Credits added to the Title Screen
  • Better Gamepad handling and implementation
  • Achievements are properly awarded when completing the requirements

Minor

============

• Easier to see total counts of collected Media items
  • Added a button to the entrance of the Security level to ensure you can backtrack to the rest of the Station
  • General FX improvements and tweaks
  • New artwork on monitors across Citadel Station
  • Enemy callouts and vocals are less frequent now
  • Better text sizing for all languages
  • Jump Jet behavior improved
  • The color of some projectiles were tweaked
  • Sped up animations of using Dermal Patches
  • Enemies who are near Restoration Bays will be teleported to their spawn location to ensure the Hacker doesn’t get softlocked by being killed repeatedly.
  • Save files are now counted incrementally.
  • Fix ups of various Cyberspace levels and enemy placements within
  • Better handling of Hacker death in unlikely scenarios
  • Tons of other smaller bug fixes.

F.A.Q​

Questions from the community

• When will the shipping of physical goods begin?

Once we pass certification, we’ll begin pressing discs and shipping out physical goods.

• Console announcement date?

Console versions are seeing a lot of progress. We are aiming for an early 2024 release. We will have an announcement in the near future about the exact launch date.

• When will additional stretch goals be implemented?

Stretch goals such as the ability to select gender are currently included in the 1.2 patch.

That’s all for now.

Thank you,

- Team Nightdive Studios

If it’s optimized well on console I’ll get it day one. Never played System Shock before but it definitely has my interest piqued, and I’ve been wanting a “new” game like this to play.

Kuranghi

Very excited to play this, seems like a superb remake with good controller implementation given it really wasn't made for controller. I hope the HDR is great on PS5/console, it was pretty good in the PC demo if iirc but SDR was still superior overall.

Didn't this have poor sales? And either people or nightdive themselves said there was going to be no remake of the second game as a result?

Fuck! That sucks if true

phant0m

Didn't this have poor sales? And either people or nightdive themselves said there was going to be no remake of the second game as a result?
Fuck! That sucks if true

I have no sympathy for Nightdive here. They took KS money in fucking 2016 (est delivery Dec 2017) and didn’t deliver until 2023. And that’s just the game, physical reward STILL haven’t been sent out. They changed engines halfway through along with art direction, meanwhile during that time announced like 3 or 4 other projects.

No fucking shit it wasn’t profitable.

Yes I am salty the kickstarter I funded is 6 years late and still not done.

FireFly

I have no sympathy for Nightdive here. They took KS money in fucking 2016 (est delivery Dec 2017) and didn’t deliver until 2023. And that’s just the game, physical reward STILL haven’t been sent out. They changed engines halfway through along with art direction, meanwhile during that time announced like 3 or 4 other projects.

No fucking shit it wasn’t profitable.

Yes I am salty the kickstarter I funded is 6 years late and still not done.
I suspect they used the other projects to fund continuing development on SS while it was on hold. There were big gaps in the development process where nothing seemed to be happening.

phant0m

I suspect they used the other projects to fund continuing development on SS while it was on hold. There were big gaps in the development process where nothing seemed to be happening.
Yeah. Which leads me to believe mismanagement made this unprofitable, not a “lack of interest”/sales by gamers.

Top Bottom