• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

T2 CFO: "GTA IV is 50/50 between platforms"

gantz85

Banned
http://news.*****.com/article/17386/GTA_IV_Sales_Split_50_50_over_Xbox_and_PS3?cb=76

Speaking in a conference call following Take-Two's recent financials, one analyst asked, "...can you give us an idea as to this 13 million GTA 4 units, how many of those are Xbox 360 platform? So what's the addressable market for the downloadable The Lost and Damned."

The response from Lainie Goldstein, CFO of Take-Two, was, "It's approximately 50/50, Ed."

Speaking about the geographical breakdown - US sales versus international sales - Goldstein added, "It's about 50/50 there as well."

We are not awaiting comment from Microsoft's UK Chief about how the figures are fudged and are not provided in any meaningful manner.

On a more serious note,

(1) GTAIV 360 outsold PS3 1.5:1 (or more) for the first few months, did the PS3 version have longer legs?

(2) If not, this means the GTA PS3 version worldwide is outselling 360 1.5:1 (or more)

(3) Microsoft's moniehattings for the exclusive GTAIV DLC is now validated; the ratio would NOT be in this distribution if they did not have that trump card.

(4) T2's choice to allocate exclusivity has a little cloud cast over it now that they've locked out a potential double of their DLC revenue with the other half of the game-holders left out in the cold. Hopefully they've been compensated more than enough.

EDIT: I did not know this news site was banned. Hopefully the fact that they had a quote directly sourced from the CFO bolsters its credibility -- anything else would be awful misrepresentation.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
gantz85 said:
The other thread talking about GTAIV sales didn't have this sliver of news. I'm sorry if this is old.

it's in the other thread's title

gantz85

Banned
Saw the thread, apologise for this OP double : ( I'm usually obsessively on GAF all the time so when I missed out the whole day yesterday while sleeping out I didn't spot the topic.. gah.

Sorry for the double. Hope the brief and succint analysis I provided in the OP makes up for it though. The other thread is full of shit without a summary of numbers and without analysis free of provocation.. :lol

gantz85

Banned
levious said:
it's in the other thread's title

I was talking about the other first-page GTA IV thread that reported it selling 13 million WW.

oneHeero said:
I really expected GTAIV to sell 2:1 at least 360 to Ps3, simply due to userbase.

Mm, so did plenty of GAFfers. What's funny is that none of them will step up to eat da crow.

The Playstation franchise effect seems strangely real.

Tmac

The 2:1 userbase is true for USA, not for the rest of the world. Worldwide numbers are more like 1.2:1

Top Bottom