• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The beauty of backlogs

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Backlogs are a mistake but last time I checked it’s a good mistake, I remember having a huge backlog, I just started and finished them.

I thought i had a huge backlog until i actually looked into a lot of the games on my list and realised that i would probably end up not really enjoying a good chunk of them enough to justify the time i would spend playing them.

I mostly just play JRPGs (a personal preference) and stuff that makes multiple sources "best of the year" lists now. There's a whole lot of copycat mediocre stuff out there and you simply don't need to play any of it.

Mister Wolf

Just finished Survivor yesterday. Gonna try to beat Soulstice before BG3 release. I gotta stop buying new games.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I haven't bought anything in the steam summer sale so no more backlogs for me because August-Sept-Oct are peak gaming and I have to save money for what could be the best shit in years. Baldurs Gate 3, Shadow Gambit, Starfield, Lies of P, Phantom Liberty, Alan Wake 2, Spider-man 2. My guys, i havent had such a buffet since before covid.

It's a great thing when you can draw from a huge backlog, especially if you ever need to cut back on spending. Only trick is not to spend too much up front. I usually just buy games when they hit their rock bottom price, so it doesn't matter much when I buy so long as I pay a low amount. It's allowed me to buy and play basically whatever I want, so long as I'm willing to wait.

SpiceRacz

There's a beauty in not having a backlog either. Not being beholden to a list of games you promised yourself you'd finish.

I often find myself searching through libraries of roms on my PC and discovering stuff I've never played before. Games across all generations. I'll occasionally find something really special. It's a great feeling.

Top Bottom