• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Daily Show: Hasan Goes To Coal Country

The Daily Show has started doing these small segments called Brown In Town where they send Hasan Minhaj to the more rural towns in America. The newest segment was on how the government is supporting local businesses with job retraining efforts for former coal industry workers and how Trump could take it all away.
Hasan Minhaj heads to Kentucky to find out whether President Trump is holding up his campaign promise to revitalize the coal industry.
Canada: Comedy Network (Starts at 7:50)
U.S: Comedy Central
YouTube: Link (FYI this is an edited down upload of the segment but available to everyone)

Previous segment:
Hasan Minhaj finds out what officials in the small Texas town of Ranger are doing to treat the town's lead-filled water supply.
Links:
U.S./Canada (Skip to 11:24 for the segment)/YouTube

zelas

The newest segment was on how the government is supporting local businesses with job retraining efforts for former coal industry workers and how Trump could take it all away.

This is definitely not getting enough run. On one hand we have ignorant fools turning down resources that will help them get work. On the other we have an orange fool who is taking away resources provided for those who are willing to better themselves.

In rural and purple districts, this subject needs to be one of the main tools used against Republicans in 2018.

This is definitely not getting enough run. On one hand we have ignorant fools turning down resources that will help them get work. On the other we have an orange fool who is taking away resources provided for those who are willing to better themselves.

In rural and purple districts, this subject needs to be one of the main tools used against Republicans in 2018.

This was also a big part of Hillary's campaign during the last election and many people brushed it off but it makes a huge difference to those that get in. Coal isn't coming back. So you have to retrain the workforce in a more viable industry. Makes sense but isn't short enough to fit on a bumper sticker or make into a slogan.

TalonJH

I going to watch again with my wife. Hasan is always funny. I wish he would have got his own show over Jordan Klepper(I like him as well).

As someone living in Kentucky, I wish we could see more of non-eastern Kentucky in the media purely for dispelling some ideas about Kentucky. I get it though, coal country has been at the heart of a lot political discussion for a while. They need actual solutions rather than hoping coal jobs come back and this video raises awareness of people doing good work to help EK bounce back. Those areas will probably never go blue but it's important to expose the ridiculous proposals this admin is making for more votes. I just hate never seeing the more urban Kentucky areas like Louisville and Lexington in media and thinking all of Kentucky is like a scene out of Deliverance.

Back on topic...Coal isn't coming back. It's just the truth.

Top Bottom