• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The final 3DS eShop weekly sales chart

consoul

With the 3DS eShop having permanently closed its doors on 27 March 2023, what games were people last-minute buying in the final week?

Unsurprisingly, seven of the top ten were Pokémans, with the other three being Ace Attorney titles. 12 to 20 are a bit more interesting. Glad to see AotFM get some love.

1. Pokémon Crystal
2. Pokémon Yellow
3. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
4. Pokémon Red
5. Pokémon Dream Radar
6. Pokémon Silver
7. Pokémon Gold
8. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice
9. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies
10. Pokémon Blue
11. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
12. Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
13. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
14. Gurumin 3D
15. Mega Man Legacy Collection
16. Pushmo
17. Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale
18. Monster Hunter Generations
19. Rhythm Heaven Megamix
20. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages

Source: https://famiboards.com/threads/the-final-weekly-3ds-eshop-chart.5963/

Deerock71

I know it's a horrible case of the Pokeymans, but the rest of it is some pure taste. Is that Annoying Stick 3D I see?

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Is it any good? What it's about?
Not good. Not much gameplay to speak of and what’s there is a basic rock paper scissors mechanic. The story has promise, but fails to deliver and becomes incomprehensible at times.

The main positive points are the setting and environment. The pre-rendered backgrounds are detailed and really make you feel like you are exploring a slice of rural Japan.

AREYOUOKAY?

8hnpGGr.png
N15i6GK.gif
WwFnniX.jpg

If this doesn't get Capcom's attention for AA7 then I don't know what will.

Oh who am I kidding when it comes to that company.

Dz3KGJw.gif

3. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy

How fitting, the three greatest portable adventure games of all time bundled together in a nice Top 3 spot. AA4, 5, and 6 occupying the sales chart too for good measure.

If Capcom finally decides to come out with AA7 or even a GAA3 (Great Ace Attorney 3), I'd love to see them go for a simultaneous release on Steam and whatever Switch's successor ends up being.

Reactions: Fuz

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
It's a spiritual successor of sorts to Playstation's Boku no Natsuyasumi (My Summer Vacation) games. Nostalgic childhood slice of life stuff, in this case with added aliens.

If you're interested in learning more about Boku no Natsuyasumi, and you have a whole day to spare, Tim Rogers has you covered.
Oooooh, I had a feeling it was similar to that franchise.

Interesting, thanks for mentioning it.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
To be fair, dual screen gameplay experiences can't be ported over directly to the Switch. It's the only unique gaming experience within the last 5 years that no one will be able to experience again in the future.

I was referring more to the GB, GBC, and GBA games. Understood about DS ports but the GB family games should be available to purchase for anyone w a Switch.

Top Bottom