• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The first pop song written by an AI is actually pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I can't keep up the facade any longer, Perfect Illusion really does kind of suck.

In a year where the 3 best singles are: Rihanna delivering This Is What You Came For, Drake delivering One Dance, and Kungs delivering This Girl, Perfect Illusion simply isn't up to scratch.

Better luck with JOANNE I guess.

0rtNX7L.gif

i went to the website to see if they could explain it a little more

2) The human composer (in this case Benoît Carré, but we are experimenting with other musicians as well) selected a style and generated a leadsheet (melody + harmony) with a system called FlowComposer. For Daddy’s Car, Carré selected as style “the Beatles” and for Mr. Shadow he selected a style that we call “American songwriters” (which contains songs by composers like Cole Porter, Gershwin, Duke Ellington, etc).

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
"Sony have been working on AI-generated music for years, and has previously used AI to create impressive jazz tracks"

Someone's got a link to these?

Gusto

Because making a living as a musician wasn't already hard enough. We're gonna lose music to automation, too. Wonderful.

I fucking hate this planet.

I find it intriguing, I would it if AI started stealing spots from human pop stars.

lazygecko

You're 35 years too late. Thousands of drummers have been destroyed by the drum machine.

Mass produced synthesizers in the late 70's/early 80's actually did make a huge dent in the industry for session musicians who earned a living from recording backing stuff for all kinds of productions. People didn't switch over to synthesizers for stuff like commercials, radio/TV jingles etc just because it happened to be trendy. Why pay for an entire string quartet or brass ensemble when you could just get someone in-house who was competent with a keyboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom