• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The future of AI in our everyday. Move over Siri

I was talking to the Samsung rep here today and I was asking about the next few Samsung phones and what tech they would have, you know, like camera specs etc.

He said that in the next few years there is going to be a massive revolution in phone and OS tech, based around AI.
You will have a phone, either Android or Apple, and you will have a AI friend on the phone. It will be speech capable and you will be able to talk to it and have normal conversations. It will remember past conversations and build a repor with you. It will carry over from you phone to your house and car, using the same either Google of Apple OS. It will be able to link up with your smart tvs and smart whatever.
He was saying that in the future you will be locked into a OS like Google or Apple for everything because your AI friend will then be able to be over everything.

They say that it will become like a real friend to some people. People with social anxiety and loneliness will have someone to talk to. (Not that I can't see anything going wrong with that...)

He said this will be the biggest revolution in technology that we will see.

diffusionx

Gold Member
we know where this is going
f4lTCIK.jpg

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I was talking to the Samsung rep here today and I was asking about the next few Samsung phones and what tech they would have, you know, like camera specs etc.

He said that in the next few years there is going to be a massive revolution in phone and OS tech, based around AI.
You will have a phone, either Android or Apple, and you will have a AI friend on the phone. It will be speech capable and you will be able to talk to it and have normal conversations. It will remember past conversations and build a repor with you. It will carry over from you phone to your house and car, using the same either Google of Apple OS. It will be able to link up with your smart tvs and smart whatever.
He was saying that in the future you will be locked into a OS like Google or Apple for everything because your AI friend will then be able to be over everything.

They say that it will become like a real friend to some people. People with social anxiety and loneliness will have someone to talk to. (Not that I can't see anything going wrong with that...)

Samsung can't even make a decent foldable phone yet their going to put their own chatgpt in their phone next year. I hope it's nothing like Bixby. 🤣 Samsung and Apple for that matter are too busy chasing the bag putting out the same phone year after year with tiny incremental upgrades to do anything innovative anytime soon. Not until the Chinese start taking global market share from them will they get off their laurels.

Last edited:

Yoda

Sounds like he's drank too much VC AI hype koolaid from Twitter.

Mr Blobby

trying to sell something but it sounds like they were talking more generally about what to expect. It's also probably not so much insider info but just the way things seem to be heading, and I can definitely see that happening. chatGPT already has a limited understanding of past queries. fun times ahead

Samsung can't even make a decent foldable phone yet their going to put their own chatgpt in their phone next year. I hope it's nothing like Bixby. 🤣 Samsung and Apple for that matter are too busy chasing the bag putting out the same phone year after year with tiny incremental upgrades to do anything innovative anytime soon. Not until the Chinese start taking global market share from them will they get off their laurels.
I don't think it's going to be Samsung tech, rather it's going to be at the OS level. So Google will do it and so will Apple.
It's going to be a replacement for Siri and Google Assistant.
It will be like ChatGPT but it will be speech capable, and will be able to understand you when you talk to it.
So you start up your Android and then design your "friend"

trying to sell something but it sounds like they were talking more generally about what to expect. It's also probably not so much insider info but just the way things seem to be heading, and I can definitely see that happening. chatGPT already has a limited understanding of past queries. fun times ahead
I would assume that Samsung and Google work together a bit and it could be what Samsung are telling their employees is what's on the horizon.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
AI is going to completely change everything for sure. Apple is seemingly struggling with Siri but it does seem obvious that we'll eventually get AI assistants on our phone that we can have conversations with. Look how far AI has come in the last year and imagine were it will be in 2-3 years from now. AI is going to affect almost every aspect of our lives for better or for worse.

Trilobit

I'd like to recommend the book I Still Dream

35830552.jpg

It's about a woman who develops an AI from her youth to adulthood and tries to teach it about herself and make it a responsible AI. It's a quite calm story, but has an interesting point of view. It sort of explores what it would be like to have your own personal AI.

Top Bottom