• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GamesIndustry.biz Podcast: Xbox's plan to reshape the console industry

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Are you picking this generation as your peak of gaming? Each to their own, I won't judge...

That's a hard question to answer. I'd probably say the PS2 era was the peak, but I was born in the early 80s so of course I'd feel this way. Doesn't make me right though.

Agreed. This was probably the worst generation as far as innovation.

Is innovation the only thing you care about? I care more about fun.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Is innovation the only thing you care about? I care more about fun.
I didn't find many games fun this generation. Just felt like I was playing prettier versions of the same games I have already played. So yeah, innovation is directly tied to my enjoyment.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
They better reshape their sales forecast, I have Xbox sales at less then 5m for 2019, my guess is 4.826m units but waiting on confirmation from statista. My guess is the Switch sold more in the month of December than Xbox sold the whole year, my guess is greater than 5m units for December alone for the Switch, annual at 20m+ (20.194m)

My guess the worst Xbox unit sales (for full year) in Xbox history. I think I will be right on sub-5m units, not below 4m units though.

I think I will be close on PS4 sales as well

What I think sales will be for 2019 -
Switch 20.194m
PS4 14.132m
Xbone 4.826m
Jesus that's bad if true

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Sony will have the much greater mindshare leading up to the release of the next consoles, especially if they land the PS5 reveal like they should

DanielsM

Banned
Jesus that's bad if true
Well, I wouldn't say true or false right now, my guess... awaiting on real numbers. Looks like it came in line with what I thought earlier in the year. I think its safe to say that Microsoft won't be releasing hardware numbers in units.

The issue with looking at "service" revenue is that they combine software into the services, this is really where the action is, imo, but they are trying to hide the subscription numbers so really no way of knowing much other than revenue is declining across the board.

Top Bottom