• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Giant Beastcast - Episode 71

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
OIX7atg.png

2889965-4900496472-Poten.jpg

Ubisoft is in the news this week as it survives hostile takeovers, takes over a mobile publisher, and overtakes the rumor mill. We also talk about Palmer's exploits, the state of Virginia, Event(0), and we answer your burning questions!

1h 46m

DRgF8Dx.png

Site url
Download

Cronen

Has anyone else had a problem with the Premium feed not being updated? I'm not sure if there's a delay or if it's my Overcast app. I can download the new episode from the regular Beastcast feed, but the Premium feed is still only saying Episode 70. I had the same issue last week too.

daveo42

Banned
It feels odd that they are tip toeing around the reason why a lot of people are disgusted with Palmer. Outside of a reference to alt-right, no other mention of the white nationalist ties to Nimble America.

Has anyone else had a problem with the Premium feed not being updated? I'm not sure if there's a delay or if it's my Overcast app. I can download the new episode from the regular Beastcast feed, but the Premium feed is still only saying Episode 70. I had the same issue last week too.

Yeah, I've had this issue for a while now with many podcasts. I think there's some kind of delay occurring between Overcast and the iTunes feed.

Ultima_5

It feels odd that they are tip toeing around the reason why a lot of people are disgusted with Palmer. Outside of a reference to alt-right, no other mention of the white nationalist ties to Nimble America.
haven't heard it yet but irc jeff kinda covered those buts in 404.

Sakwoff

Yeah, I actually found that really frustrating. Especially since Palmer has guested on the site before. He's associating with (and funding) actual hate speech. This is not a case of "personal politics" here.

Pretty glad Jeff did not mince words as much on the Bombcast. Also man, that really made me miss Austin.

Bryko

Yep. Surprised that the Bombcast was much more frank about it.

daveo42

Banned
haven't heard it yet but irc jeff kinda covered those buts in 404.

Sure, but bringing it up in any context should include why so many are up in arms. Shitposting is bad sure, but Palmer doing that isn't really news or should be a consideration for developers to drop Oculus. HIm supporting hate speech is the news there and they kind of dropped the ball. I'm glad that the Bombcast hit it pretty hard and it's good to hear Jeff cover it in the 404, it just felt odd to bring up that news and not hit the nail on the news head.

stupei

Yeah, I actually found that really frustrating. Especially since Palmer has guested on the site before. He's associating with (and funding) actual hate speech. This is not a case of "personal politics" here.

Pretty glad Jeff did not mince words as much on the Bombcast. Also man, that really made me miss Austin.

Kept thinking how much I miss Austin. It takes on a different tone when people frame it as a "disagreement" or belief instead of an attack on personal identity.

Altairre

Yuuuuuup.

Ultima_5

man the building the pc email and the advertisement conspiracy email were the most eye roll inducing things i've heard in sometime

Mr. F

Banned
I'm disappointed with the discussion around the Palmer situation, especially having an extra lead-in of a few days to really observe and report the aftermath and consequences around the non-apology apology.

I understand none of them are in the news role as much as Austin was, but for a lot of the stuff they glossed over or didn't dig into with much conviction they didn't have to look any further than their own site with Jeff's breakdown earlier this week on the Bombcast. Austin's absence is glaring in this one, there are even moments where Bakalar sounds two steps away from trying to give Palmer the benefit of the doubt.

J_Viper

They spent enough time talking about the Palmer ordeal. Some rich guy spent his money on dumb shit. It's not the end of the world. What do you guys want? A bounty placed on his head?

Vinny's reaction to Baruto was incredible

Lmao at the guy in corrections being upset by the ads. Jesus.

popo

All you speculating that Austin would have done this and Austin would have done that - go listen to him and Klepek discuss it on the new Vice Gaming Podcast. IMO they didn't go much harder on him than the GB guys.

Jintor

All you speculating that Austin would have done this and Austin would have done that - go listen to him and Klepek discuss it on the new Vice Gaming Podcast. IMO they didn't go much harder on him than the GB guys.

I feel like him having to explain things to Vinny and co more generally forces him to more explicitly clarify his position, whereas with Patrick it was more like two dudes nodding with knowing resignation at one another.

Boruto breakdown was great

Jintor

It sucks that 24 year olds get the benefit of the doubt though. I know it one hundred percent wasn't Jeff's intention but it reminded me starkly of how white dudes, generally speaking, are just "lads" in terms troublemaking up until, like, their thirties. Who was that shitty Olympian dude who pretended he got mugged in Rio?

Even Jeff went pretty easy on Palmer on the bombcast. These guys just don't want to get their site involved in politics even if it's pretty clear they are disgusted with his affiliations.

.JayZii

Banned
I wasn't really a fan of Jeff trying to completely defuse the Palmer Luckey discussion.

Also, it's okay Vinny, we all know you're a giant weeaboo. You don't have to pretend. This is a safe place.

Top Bottom